Excision - Shambs2009
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Excision - Shambs2009

Here is the recorder set from Shambs 2009
    DOWNLOAD THE RECORDED SET HERE

Hope you enjoy!

don't know if this link will work for everyone, but its a vid a buddy (the visuals

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/vi...6083119&ref=mf

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...id=83192328992

there are plenty more floating around. I have to say by far the best set of the whole show.

Benga was there as well, hes seems to screwed up to play, got mad at something then walked off early giving Bassnectar and extra half hour to rock his crowd.
    Last edited by jasonj; 08-24-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

fucking eh you rock buddy, i was eagerly awaiting this.... excision is on fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwZI7k_KOiQ

Yeah I thought last year Jeffs set was great. certainly stepped the bar up for this year.

for sure the locals I think always bring their "A Game" to the show when all the main headliners (through opinions of others as well as mine) have pulled the "I am a big name" BS leaving a sour taste with the crowd.

These vids are making me miss Kelowna where you get to see Jeff play regularly at his club night Elevation.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post

for sure the locals I think always bring their "A Game" to the show when all the main headliners (through opinions of others as well as mine) have pulled the "I am a big name" BS leaving a sour taste with the crowd.

ya dude it's typically the bignames who kinda take the piss out of the festival while the locals give it their all. I don't know if you saw my rant about Benga+Craze in the dubstep thread but that pretty much sums up your point.

On the other hand a few big name DJs that have played shambhala we're total class acts, the best example of this would be Z-Trip in 2007. Even when the speakers blew out momentarily he kept playing and didn't even flinch, he's the kinda DJ I wanna be when I grow up lol. He also knew what was up and showed the crowd big love +respect. I had to sneak backstage afterwards to personally thank him with a handshake.

here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuNdxvLMGPk

Tech Guru

haha was that your crew in the "Mangled" video??

That Mangled video is sick. That looks too ruthless! Anyone know what song that is playing around 3:00?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Benga and Craze sucked

What the fuck was with craze stopping the record on the drops?

Were they both on K? or was that just Benga?!

No the mangled video is a friend of a friend, my crew was up with Jeff on stage.
    Dont know the song, sorry

I am sure Jeff will release the set recording as he did last year. Ill be sure to post it when he does
    Last edited by jasonj; 08-15-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    Benga and Craze sucked

What the fuck was with craze stopping the record on the drops?

Were they both on K? or was that just Benga?!

haha ya the word is they both decided to get shambhalad when they were supposed to be working. im sure they had there snouts in every powder, i guess thats almost an excuse.... meh not really.

like on the one hand i know how it is out there things get crazy its exciting, but they weren't the only ones who had jobs to do. lot's of people can balance it out without it effecting the work

total Shamb-virgins , they couldn't handle it bhahahaha
    Last edited by wrong chris; 08-15-2009 at 11:38 PM.

yeah for sure, kinda like Adam freeloader (freeland) a few years ago.

I will say this for sure, repeat, every year all the locals (well semi local) like Ill Gates (the phat conductor), Bassnectar, Excision, Suplex, Bryx, Amanda Rude etc.. all certainly show the crowd a good time.

but the apparent headliners always dissapoint.

perhaps next year will show differnt results, but if not, that is fine as will have our home grown boys anyways.

bassnectar is showing everyone love this year it seems. already saw him once earlier this summer, and have the opportunity to see him 2 more times here in ga throughout the year. he murders everyone in a half mile radius, and is always respectful of the crowd. it sucks the headliners don't do the same..

but hot damn i love some wobble womp womp coming out of a massive system.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast