Spending too damn much on music...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spending too damn much on music...

Anybody else have this problem??!!

I dont even have a VCI yet and at this rate I will never save enough for it!

Yea....the artist and label tracking feature at Beatport is AWESOME but its breaking my fucking wallet.

I've got $143 worth of tracks in my crate right now and dont think I'll even be able to trim it down to at least $100.....which is at least 2x as much as I should spend.

I havent even fully beatgridded my purchase from 2 weeks ago (33 tracks).

Beautiful music.....beautiful addiction........
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Napster for £15 a month gives you a large selection of tunes to download to your computer. It has a decent search engine on it, but the recommendations it gives you are awful. The tunes you download can be exported to 3 x mp3 players and it's all legal now.

There is one small problem though, the tracks can't be transferred to other computers or burned to discs. You can get round this problem by buying software called Soundtaxi. For a one off fee you remove the DRM from the mp3's thereby making it possible to use them on any PC, or burn them to disc. The web site states that it is a legal, legitimate program and any download from Napster means the Artist will receive a fee anyway (I think).

napster doesn't feature alot of the music you will find on beatport. also i dont feel like the bitrate is enough to rock out on a big PA. also as far as i know it doesn't work on macs. even though at a price of 10-15€ per month, you get ALOT for your money.

oh and on topic: yeah, know that problem. even though i feel money spent on music always worths it. theres some much other crap to be bought that you won't have as much fun with.

I'm having the same problem. Just spent a lot on hardware and software, and when I want to rock out I get fed up with the tunes I listened too damn much to!
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

46 tracks.....this will hurt

anybody hiring in Orange/LA County, CA
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Mentor

eMusic is an awesome service. I don't know if you can get all the tunes you can get from beatport, but its a monthly fee for x number of tunes that are all high quality and DRM free.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Everybody on this forum has got that problem I guess.

hard- and software purchases aside, I deliberately limit myself to purchasing music for a maximum of 40 euros. Simply because I haven't got the time or enthousiasm to beatgrid more songs on a monthly basis and I feel that it is enough music to keep it fresh. The other good thing about it is that you really really only buy tracks you really like for a long time as you have to make choices. You're putting more effort into the selections.
    Last edited by Michielygil; 08-17-2009 at 03:04 AM.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    I deliberately limit myself to purchasing music for a maximum of 40 euros.
    If you limit how much you spend on music it also makes sure that the tracks that you do get are very good quality and that you did not just make the purchase as a "fanboy" of a particular artist.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I could easily walk out of most records stores and spend around $200 on music in a single drop. And that's still stopping myself.

It's why I don't let people take me to record stores anymore.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

heheh!!! this reminds me when i was a kid!

My parents used to give me like 50CHF as pocket money per month (about 30euros) and i would have exactly enought to buy 3 records! I also got like the same amount per week for lunch (6euros a day, which was a lot at that time) and i used to spend that money for vinyls as well... and i was eating bread and mayonnaise, which was free at my highschool!

Addiction!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast