Okay guys, I messed up... Komplete Audio 6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

You can't use Traktor Timecode with the Komplete Audio 6. Suggesting additional equipment in order to do so is much more stupid as even with it all, you still can't use the interface.

As long as the purchase wasn't made too long ago they should accept the return, get the Traktor A6 interface - not just "any in/out interface" - and it'll work fine.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You can't use Traktor Timecode with the Komplete Audio 6.
    Care to give a technical explanation of why you can't?

Tech Guru

Well you've already pointed out that the Komplete has no unbalanced line-ins which is reason enough.
    NI also blocks any non-certified sound cards from working with timecode, just like Serato does with their SL boxes.

I haven't looked much into workaround methods but I would guess that Traktor checks the USB Hardware ID code (visible in Device Manager for Windows users) of the interface it is using to see if it's on the certified list.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=4544

The whole Traktor Scratch certification thing is just a scare tactic; any 4-input (or theoretically a 2-input in mono) solution will work, whether it's a proper 4 in / 4 out interface, or just the microphone input of your laptop and one of those crappy USB dongles.

Tech Guru

Post a video of you using an "Aggregate Audio Device" as a working Traktor Scratch 2.6.0 soundcard then?

If you have the technical know-how to trick the software into thinking you have a different audio device connected then fair enough. Older versions of Traktor were less strict on this so it was much easier to get any sound card working (the thread linked is from 2009!).

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Post a video of you using an "Aggregate Audio Device" as a working Traktor Scratch 2.6.0 soundcard then?

If you have the technical know-how to trick the software into thinking you have a different audio device connected then fair enough. Older versions of Traktor were less strict on this so it was much easier to get any sound card working (the thread linked is from 2009!).
    On the last page there's a shot of a guy using 2.5 and an M-Audio Connectiv; gimme a sec though, and I'll set up Timecode through my phone just to confirm it works with 2.6 (don't have any timecode vinyls or CDs here as I'm a MIDI-only guy).

Tech Guru

I have my CDJ connected to the Line In of my computer and have chosen that as the input. Here's the screenshot of it not working:
    timecode1.jpg

And now the identical setup routed through my NI Audio 4 DJ:
    timecode2.jpg

If you're not a timecode user how can you be so sure what does and does not work for timecode?
    The Connectiv user already admitted to using a hacked version of Traktor. Not something you'd want to rely on live gigs surely?
    Last edited by makar1; 02-08-2013 at 02:59 AM.

the thing you are talking about uses a cracked version of traktor

the legit version of traktor does not support any other audio interfaces for timecode, only the audio 4/6/8/10 and traktor scratch certified mixers

the komplete audio 6 is NOT possible for timecode control (except if you maybe try to use other software like virtual dj)
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

^What he said^

BTW If any of you are actually able to setup a timecode rig using a 3rd party audio interface with a LEGIT version of Traktor, please by all means make a video and spread the word.

Send it back. You'll want Traktor Scratch Pro, I assume. It comes with the TA6. It does not come with the K6.

Hardware wise, your K6 isn't Scratch certified because it doesn't have any turntable pre-amps. You'd need a turntable preamp RIAA to line level converter for each deck. They're about £25 each and quite bulky. All for something that is not Scratch certified.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast