Help mapping my livid ohm rgb
    Tech Convert

Default Help mapping my livid ohm rgb

Hello, this is one of my first mappings so i am still beginner. Help would be greatly appreciated. Ok so in my mapping I have a fader and a knob for each effect unit to manually control the dry/wet and the fx parameters. I also am trying to make an instant gratification type grid of buttons for quick use of effects(in the same mapping). I know how to map the button grid the way I want it except for one thing. When I release one of the buttons in the grid I need the dry/wet for the corresponding fx unit and parameters of the the effects to go back to the value they were at before I pressed the button. PLEASE HELP

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey colin, I assume you are using Traktor? Unfortunately there isn't such a feature which can remember the value where your FX or volume parameter was before the change using any of other controls. I'll look more deep into it tomorrow and see if there is a workaround by routing MIDI back to Traktor.

Tech Convert

Yes sorry I forgot to put that in the in the title but I am using traktor. Thanks for looking into this man! Im gonna try a couple things out and ill let you know if they work. If its not possible to do this at all I will just change my mapping so that fx units 1 and 2 are only for the instant gratification grid and units 3 and 4 are for manually controlling effects. Let me know if you figure anything out

Instal loopMIDI virtual cable and create a new port.

Open controller manager and set MIDI in/out to all ports.

Map dry/wet to knob > add command for some rotary control that you don't use in your preference (I used 'Microphone Key Adjust') and map it to the same knob as dry/wet > add output for this Mic command and check Blend box, it's the one who is doing the trick here.

Now when you turn knob both of dry/wet and Mic is moving at same position. Just to check if everything is set properly move dry/wet a bit and Mic should stay where it was but when you turn Mic the dry/wet should snap and match the value.

Tell me when you're don with this and I'll post second part.

Tech Convert

Ok im done with that part. Thanks!

Add a modifier to button:

Modifier 1 / type-button / interaction-hold / value=1

Add Mic adjust command to same button and set interaction to 'inc' or 'dec' [M1=1].