Back to the Basics

Default Back to the Basics

I have been experimenting with Ableton Live for a little while now, and I've decided to go back to the basics of some of my on-line tutorials. I'm still relatively new at this music creation software.

Have been a DJ for at least 20 years, but never really got into creating my own stuff. Now more than ever I want to create my own sounds.

I'm a house DJ, some dance and top 40, techno, electro house.

Question:
    Which on-line tutorials have you found to be most informative???

Here is a link to an Ableton Live 9 review, and putting the new conversion features to the test. Enjoy

http://www.musicsoftwaretraining.com...9-experiments/

Hi Bobby,

I'am also new to Ableton and also in search for online tutorials. One of the site's i found is this one:

http://www.abletonproductiontutorial...-ableton-live/

Hope it will help you.

Cheers!

btw: try to search the DJTT forum. I know there is allot around here about Ableton tutorials ;-)
    DJ Kontrol S2 || Traktor 2.6 || MBP 15" 16G Retina || MACKIE MR5 MKII ||

Prod. PC Duo Core || 22" LG || Ableton Live 9 || AKAI MPK mini

Cool, great...thanks.

Tech Wizard

You should start with the built in lessons to get the basics down, check the Help view menu. Read the manual so you know what the program can and can't do and where to find stuff.

THen try to create a whole track in your own, upon facing questions and "how to?" look up for tutorials on the web.

Tom cosm is a good start, asl there was a free course by dubspot.

Also look at coursera, they have right now a digital sound design course and a production one later this month I believe

https://www.coursera.org/course/musicproduction

Great, thanks for the info.

I will always recommend these guys as they have thought me sooo much through their videos... Vespers , Tom Cosm, Mr Bill and ill Gates... also check for Dubspot, they have some free videos out. And dont forget that Tarekith has some awesome guides on his website.

Quote Originally Posted by luxi View Post
    I will always recommend these guys as they have thought me sooo much through their videos... Vespers , Tom Cosm, Mr Bill and ill Gates... also check for Dubspot, they have some free videos out. And dont forget that Tarekith has some awesome guides on his website.
    These are the exact 4 guys I always go back too as well. Im only about 6 months into using ableton and djing but I have learned sooo much from tbeir videos. Some of these guys videos I have literally watched over a dozen times and I still pick up on new things every time I watch them again.

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    These are the exact 4 guys I always go back too as well. Im only about 6 months into using ableton and djing but I have learned sooo much from tbeir videos. Some of these guys videos I have literally watched over a dozen times and I still pick up on new things every time I watch them again.
    Word!