A6 or A10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A6 or A10

Tech Wizard

Default A6 or A10

I have a DJM 400 mixer, i had a s4 but sold it as i only use vinyl now and wanted to save space for my new home. I had purchased a scratch upgrade kit for the s4 but i have sold the s4 now and seeing as i paid for the upgrade kit seperately i can keep it. So all i need is the soundcard and cables but cant buy them seperately (Checked ebay and other places). Its the same price for a new kit.

My question is i use vinyl most of times but i sometimes use timecode vinyl, will the A6 be the best soundcard for me?

Also do i need multi core cables to swich from timecode to normal vinyl on my DJM 400?
    Last edited by Cryki; 02-08-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Tech Mentor

Well, the A6 comes with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, so you don't need the upgrade kit. Besides, it is an upgrade kit, not a license.

As for your current needs, the A6 will work nicely. And no, you do not need multicore cables. Just the cables that come with the A6 (4 sets of RCA) are all you need.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Well, the A6 comes with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, so you don't need the upgrade kit. Besides, it is an upgrade kit, not a license.

As for your current needs, the A6 will work nicely. And no, you do not need multicore cables. Just the cables that come with the A6 (4 sets of RCA) are all you need.
    Thats great.

and switching from timecode to normal vinyl is by using the phono/line switch on my mixer is that correct?

Also what shall i do with that traktor scratch upgrade serial code, is it useful to have or do you need the s4 with it because on my service centre it says that i have a serial code for traktor scratch 2.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Cryki View Post
    and switching from timecode to normal vinyl is by using the phono/line switch on my mixer is that correct?
    All you will need to do is switch from a Track Deck to Live Input Deck in order to play regular vinyl.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Wizard

oh brilliant its that simple. just like i used to do it with my S4

Tech Guru

I wasn't happy with the Db output when using either live input or thru with the audio 6. I ended up using multicores again and find it much more satisfying to my ears.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

to switch from timecode to vinyl using the phono/line switch you will need 2 of these cables.
    splitter.jpg
    and 2 more regular rca's that's how I have mine setup. Not necessary you can just switch in software. But i like flipping the switch on the mixer better.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Tech Wizard

yea i prefer that too, whats those cables called?

not sure off hand. I can post a link where i got them later from my home computer. they were inexpensive.
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast