Songs that haven't been or aren't released
    Tech Wizard

Default Songs that haven't been or aren't released

Hey guys I was just wondering when you come across a song that you want to put in your mix on youtube or something and it hasn't been released by anyone on beatport or itunes what is your method of obtaining it? I really prefer buying it from somewhere so that the album art and information comes up correct but half of the songs I'm wanting to put in my mix for a party coming up aren't released they're only on youtube. Thanks guys

Then it's only for important artists to have and for you to want.
    Really sucks if your genre is built around dubplate culture.

Tech Wizard

well you can use a youtube downloader and it'll come out high quality but I wanted to support the artist if I can...

Well, ripping from Youtube isn't a very good solution. Sound Quality, radio show voice overs, and lack of intro/outro are all pretty serious problems that make it worth waiting.

If you want to be part of the 'in' crowd, either get famous enough that you get those dubplates/WIPs, or find obscure music on your own that's amazing and play that.

Tech Mentor

You can always try asking the artist for it. This actually works more than you would expect.
    Be nice about it and just ask. email/soundcloud email etc all seem to work .

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme7 View Post
    well you can use a youtube downloader and it'll come out high quality
    No it won't. Not even close to 320kbps quality. The highest quality of a youtube video is 192kbps, which isn't worth playing on a decent sound system.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

He's right, it will only get you a max of 192kbps audio file... But then if the upload was originally a 320kbps audio file (Or anything non lossless), you're getting a double conversion and lowering the audio quality even further.

Friends don't let friends rip from youtube.

Unless they're oneshots... Then it's OK. The best airhorns are those that distort.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Ask the producer for the track, you'll be amazed how far asking the right way will take you. Regarding YouTube rips, everything that needed to be said was already done. it's a form of piracy and this forum is against it. Any further encouragement to do so will result in an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Ask the producer for the track, you'll be amazed how far asking the right way will take you.
    ^-- This
    Regarding YouTube rips, everything that needed to be said was already done. it's a form of piracy and this forum is against it. Any further encouragement to do so will result in an infraction.
    and this are both +1'ed by me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --