EFX-1000 or RMX-1000 (or neither lol)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default EFX-1000 or RMX-1000 (or neither lol)

Ok. So basically I've been debating for months what to do. I currently have a DN-X1500S that shows no sign of wear. I want added effects so I'm thinking of getting either an EFX-1000 or RMX-1000 used. I love the newer effects on the RMX-1000 but I like to use beat effects similar to that on the EFX.

Which one do you guys prefer? I'm thinking which one has more options control. Or should I say screw it and get a DJM-900?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeros View Post
    Ok. So basically I've been debating for months what to do. I currently have a DN-X1500S that shows no sign of wear. I want added effects so I'm thinking of getting either an EFX-1000 or RMX-1000 used. I love the newer effects on the RMX-1000 but I like to use beat effects similar to that on the EFX.

Which one do you guys prefer? I'm thinking which one has more options control. Or should I say screw it and get a DJM-900?

Thanks!
    Not really my cup of tea (I prefer Traktor effects), but there's a rather cheap EFX-1000 on eBay atm: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-Ef...147#vi-content

Saying that, the RMX-1000 is absolutely gorgeous...

Your other option would be a Kaoss pad, which is more flexible than the RMX, and less than half the price.

Tech Wizard

Cool. I'll look into the Kaoss Pad.

efx1000 is a NEVER for me. For some reason i cant stand that thing
    i still have my efx500 and i rock the ISHT out of it even while using Traktor effects + MF3D efx and it still comes nice and clean

hell i even toss in a bit from my Alesis Air Efx unit too but if i have a chance to add in the RMX-1000, id do it in a heartbeat

personally agian i would just stay away from the efx1000. I got bored of that thing REALLY fast

Tech Wizard

Hey AntiFM,

Why was that the case compared to the older EFX-500? I mean, how were you more bored of the 1000 compared to the 500?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeros View Post
    Hey AntiFM,

Why was that the case compared to the older EFX-500? I mean, how were you more bored of the 1000 compared to the 500?
    with the 1000 there was a change to the abiility to combine some of the effects with eachother that was recently available on the 500
    Because of the style i like to play, method of efx i use and just personal comfort, the efx1000 was going to limit me and the bottom line would have been that i would end up using the 500 for certain effects and the 1000 for just a bit more.
    really wasnt worth all that money for me to spend

RMX 1000... Everytime, but I do like the idea of a kaoss pad, and its something I'm looking into just coz I love gadgets and experimenting with them.

I had an EFX500 initially, but went for the RMX a few months after it came out. Admittedly,I am a bit of a pioneer-whore, but I love the fact that its fully customisable, easy to use and thoughtfully/logically laid out. Have a look at some of the djsounds sets on YouTube, particularly the DJAntonin one from last year, he uses it really well, and his set is really well thought and planned.

I really don't what else I can say about it, it's an amazing piece of kit, and you should definitely consider it.

As with any piece of kit, not enough can be said about trying before you buy, buy what you like and what suits you!
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Quote Originally Posted by ThinAir View Post
    As with any piece of kit, not enough can be said about trying before you buy, buy what you like and what suits you!
    ABSOLUTELY!!!
    and keep two things in mind
    A) just because its newer tech, doesnt mean its better tech (for you)
    B) Just because it almost does the things you want, doesnt mean you really need it or can use it fully.

Really analize what you are playing with and be objective. Dont let yourself get overwhelmed just because you already have the money to buy it. You wont be happy finding out yuoll have to return it because it doesnt do what you would have hoped.

Tech Wizard

Yup. Essentially, I want to have an effect play on don't have the same options as mine. AntiFM, wasn't there a dramatic change in
    sound quality between the 500 and 1000?

I'm gonna check out the KP3. I'd like more buttons for control, though :/

You are correct Jaeros.
    There was a change in sonud quality now that you mention it.
    Actually the 500 simply manipulates the sound with no built in limiter activity from what i remember
    the 100 however has a built in limited / gate to "help" clipping and distortion. But that works against you on a COLLOSAL system if you dont set the IN / OUT volume correcly which in my experiance, most people dont.

onn my 500, i have the IN showing only 1, barely 2 bars on the levels
    and the same goes for the OUT end but otherwise i keep seeing people turn that mother up to show all 5 bars.
    At that point you are using it like a GAIN switch and you REALLY shouldnt.

Even if the IN OUT were bypassed, the limiter / gate in the 1000 was still an issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast