Firmware upgrade and warranty
    Tech Convert

Default Firmware upgrade and warranty

Hey everyone!
    So I finally have my VCI-100. As it seems it comes with the 1.1 firmware.
    I would be more than happy to upgrade it, but I wonder if that wouldn't void the warranty. Normally this kind of situations does.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: On the box there's a sticker that says "1.2"... So I don't know. When I spin wheel and let go of it, it only turns blue when it stops. Is that the 1.1 behavior?
    Last edited by sigterm; 08-17-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Technically yes it will void your warrenty, I dont know of anyone who has bricked a unit in the process though and there its not very easy at all for someone who doesnt know about firmware 1.3 to tell if you have messed with the firmware. So personally i would not worry much about voiding your warrenty, because chances are if something does go wrong with the unit you will have no problems getting it covered under warranty.

Thats one of the advantages from buying from DJTT, your warranty is guaranteed.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 08-18-2009 at 06:48 AM.

+1

Technically the answer is probably yes, but in principle, I think its highly unlikely that your distributor would be able to tell, and would likely just accept it.

Plus, if its a relatively new unit, with the 1.2 sticker, its highly likely its 1.2, not 1.3.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    +1

Technically the answer is probably yes, but in principle, I think its highly unlikely that your distributor would be able to tell, and would likely just accept it.

Plus, if its a relatively new unit, with the 1.2 sticker, its highly likely its 1.2, not 1.3.
    Thanks for the answers guys.
    About the firmware version, my doubt was between 1.1 and 1.2.
    In the FAQ, it's mentioned a "green sticker on the back". I don't seen any green stick, but on the box there's a sticker saying "1.2".

Yeah that was a typo on my part, I meant 1.2 not 1.1. As we all know, 1.3 is only available from DJTT.

Mine came with no stickers whatsoever, and turned out to be 1.2 (I've sinced flashed it to 1.3).
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I would say you have 1.2, push both scratch buttons at the same time and if the jog wheel lights go out, and the jogs are now disabled that confirms it.

Dont be too scared of voiding your warranty, VCI's are solid as...

Just as a side issue, pushing both scratch buttons (or labelled vinyl mode on my unit), also cause the jogwheel lights to go out when running 1.3 as well.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Just as a side issue, pushing both scratch buttons (or labelled vinyl mode on my unit), also cause the jogwheel lights to go out when running 1.3 as well.
    Yeah, but I'm sure I'm not on 1.3. The 4th effect button acts like the "pre-listening" (??) one (with the DJTT mapping).

Thanks, midifidler, for the heads up!