Problems with limiter in Traktor - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Convert

I have two sets of cables. RCA to XLR and RCA to 1/4 inch.

The amp allows balanced input via XLR and unbalanced input signals via 1/4 inch. Switching the cables made no difference.

All this talk is triggering more and more memories. I remember a friend of mine using the exact same amp and speakers as mine with a Vestax Typhoon (another low budget controller) saying that he got much better sound out of his setup by adding a cross over. He ran the mid and hi through channel A on 15's and low through channel B on 15's as well. All speakers are EVPX15's as well.

The prelim conclusion I am drawing is that for pro sound the Mixtracks RCA outs are not cutting it. I need either a mixer or X over to further enhanced the frequencies. So it's possibly a Mixtrack thing......cheap soundcards as at least two users suggested. Whether you have a Typhoon, BCD3000 or Mixtrack, if you hookup directly from your RCA's to Pro Audio you will probably have similar issues.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think it is the fact that the output is unbalanced though coz the length of my cables are not more than 1 meter in length. I think that at such a short lengths XLR vs unbalanced makes no difference??? Yes/no??? I have no interference issues.

Many thanks to all for your responses. Great forum. Very informative.
    Last edited by Taka; 02-12-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Tech Guru

Yes, it might be that consumer level line out of the RCA (-10dBV) is just inadequate in comparison to a professional level line out(+4dBu).

Testing your amp+speakers with any device that has a high quality balanced output should settle things properly.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Hi guys.

So I finally got to hookup a mixer to my setup and wow. Wow wow and wow!!! It made ALL the difference.

I knew my sound setup was capable of producing good deep punchy bass but the mixer even enhanced the treble and mid range as well. A bass bin is definitely not required. The EVPX's handle the notes with ease. No distortion.

Thanks for all the responses.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Taka View Post
    I have two sets of cables. RCA to XLR and RCA to 1/4 inch.

The amp allows balanced input via XLR and unbalanced input signals via 1/4 inch. Switching the cables made no difference.
    RCA to XLR is not a balanced cable, you would be better using RCA to 1/4inch

Tech Guru

OP has already added in a mixer to manage the signal balancing, no need for more unnecessary wires.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

I was meerly stating to the OP that RCA to XLR is not a balanced cable which may help him with any future problems he has
    Last edited by Jeff Scott; 02-27-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123