What amp to buy

Thread: What amp to buy

Default What amp to buy

just because it came up, i'll just ask here.. does any of you guys has a good tip on a nice, cheap amp?!

Quote Originally Posted by AndySpence View Post

how much output do you need?
    can't give you any numbers, cause i don't know much about it..
    thinking about getting one for my bedroom and some houseparties.. right now i got an 450W 5.1 system, which isn't the real deal for DJing, i guess

and sorry to OP for hijacking your thread

anything up to 1 - 1.5K is more than adequate for house parties. 450 is fine.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    can't give you any numbers, cause i don't know much about it..
    thinking about getting one for my bedroom and some houseparties.. right now i got an 450W 5.1 system, which isn't the real deal for DJing, i guess

and sorry to OP for hijacking your thread
    When you say 5.1 i guess you obviously mean a surround sound/home theatre system? (cuz that wont do)

well i cant really put a brand forward but i first started with a 120W skytec something (cant remember model) and some really small 8 inch pa speakers. (indoors it was good for 50-100 ppl ie. small house party) treated them well and they treated me well for a year till a drunken idiot fried it with beer! all up it was roughly $300 aus. you just have to make sure you watch level's and clipping in the audio and dont redline anything. and dont get a less powered amp than your speakers. youll burn out the amp.

sorry Moo that this took over your thread for a bit

Tech Wizard

oh and another thing too. check out how much the SPL rating is on your speakers. a few hundred watts wont increase your sound all too much but a higher SPL will

I wouldnt worry about the speakers untill later, or atleast untill you try the software, What logitech system do you have, those are probably loud/clear enough to get started to see if your into it. After your into it then get some monitors to practice on and a system later if you need it.

For the mixer the vci will control the internal mixer. If you get timecode vinyl or cd's or start using ableton live + traktor then you might want a mixer and that could be another usb device controlling software.

Try some demo's of the software to get you started.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...spdemoversions

unhijacked !