Ikea DJ Booth Problems !!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ikea DJ Booth Problems !!

So I've had the Ikea DJ booth for less than a month now , but never finished it because I've had a problem I can't find the answer too

The CAPITA angled bracket won't go through the desk because the bottom of it is the same thickness as the desk , no way to tighten the bolt underneath it !

Anybody else have this problem , and how did you fix it !
    Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Swede
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

I had this exact problem... basically you have to go to a hardware store and get a longer screw, matching bolt and a large washer.

You can remove the bottom of the bracket and take it with you to the hardware store to get the exact replacement.

photo (8).JPGphoto (9).JPGphoto (10).JPGphoto (11).JPG

This confused me for a while.

It is mention in Xonetacular's thread but they should make an edit in the djtt blog post to state this is essential.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=36997

"You will need two long metric bolts and large washers for the capita brackets. These are the exact bolts I used from Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_214487-37672...RL=&facetInfo=
    M10-1.50 x 75'

Once you get these parts though it's super simple.

You will also need a drill and i recommend a 13mm drill bit to make the hole. This give you enough wiggle room.

Make sure you measure 50cm between the holes. Basically 50 cm in - hole 1 - 50 cm - hole 2 - 50cm to end of expedit

Also the black plastic circle that comes with the capita brackets you swap to the top and use the washer underneath
    Last edited by MaxOne; 02-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I had this exact problem... basically you have to go to a hardware store and get a longer screw, matching bolt and a large washer.

You can remove the bottom of the bracket and take it with you to the hardware store to get the exact replacement.

photo (8).JPGphoto (9).JPGphoto (10).JPGphoto (11).JPG

This confused me for a while.

It is mention in Xonetacular's thread but they should make an edit in the djtt blog post to state this is essential.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=36997

"You will need two long metric bolts and large washers for the capita brackets. These are the exact bolts I used from Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/pd_214487-37672...RL=&facetInfo=
    M10-1.50 x 75'

Once you get these parts though it's super simple.

You will also need a drill and i recommend a 13mm drill bit to make the hole. This give you enough wiggle room.

Make sure you measure 50cm between the holes. Basically 50 cm in - hole 1 - 50 cm - hole 2 - 50cm to end of expedit

Also the black plastic circle that comes with the capita brackets you swap to the top and use the washer underneath
    You beat me too it. This is what I did, though I didn't use the 50cm spacing as I wanted more room in the middle between the brackets.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

you need to go buy a big metric bolt

see the main post in the thread in my sig

Banned

Ikea sells a DJ booth? Link anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    Ikea sells a DJ booth? Link anyone?
    Not exactly but you can make one from parts they sell

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/1...om-ikea-parts/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

I actually used the Vika Amon table with 6 legs. I bought a second 48" table that sits on top of the first as a second tier. This way I have an elevated tier for dj'ing and a smaller tier for production. The stock bolt fit through the Vika Amon table IIRC. Maybe I'll upload pictures tonight.

go for this one instead...
    Last edited by tekki; 02-13-2013 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    haha how could you even see the dj's face?

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    haha how could you even see the dj's face?

I hate to be the old guy, but this is whats wrong with the new generation of DJ's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast