Can i use these speakers to hear my dj setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Can i use these speakers to hear my dj setup?

Hi guys,

Am wondering if anyone can confirm or not if i could use these speakers for my home setup of two turntables, a numark mixer and traktor scratch.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-I-T...31&s=computers

I have attached a photo of the back. They are active speakers, and i think i can just buy a RCA to Aux in cable to go from my Numark mixer output to the AUX IN input, would that work?

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Mentor

Yes... those will work fine for home use.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

Ok, great thanks for letting me know! Dont know whether to make a new post for this...I need a new mixer and i want one with EQs for each channel for my two turntables. Ive seen this http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD2000.aspx second hand for a good price, I know its a controller, but it also says' complete dj setup including mixer' so could I use this as the controller but also as the 'mixer' with the EQs etc when i want to use my decks with traktor scratch? Thanks!
    Last edited by ElliotW; 02-06-2013 at 03:43 PM.

rca->rca would also work since they have rca in. Prefer that connection over single 3,5mm.

to answer your previous question
    yes
    that mixer / controller should work fine
    yes it has the functions of a mixer but they also call it a "controller" because it does send a MIDI signal if you want to map your software for anything as well

And yes, those speakers would work, but they're shit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotW View Post
    Ok, great thanks for letting me know! Dont know whether to make a new post for this...I need a new mixer and i want one with EQs for each channel for my two turntables. Ive seen this http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD2000.aspx second hand for a good price, I know its a controller, but it also says' complete dj setup including mixer' so could I use this as the controller but also as the 'mixer' with the EQs etc when i want to use my decks with traktor scratch? Thanks!
    You would need to mix in traktor internal mode and midi map it, and im assuming you have a traktor soundcard for scratch

I would just get a real mixer- there are plenty of decent cheap ones used

Tech Convert

Hi again,

So i just bought the speakers but there seems to be a problem. I bought a brand new RCA to 3.5mm Jack cable too.
    The aux in input you see in the picture is used by the volume control remote, therefore just leaving the Audio input channel. But shouldnt i still be able to plug the jack end of the cable into that and the RCA end into my mixer output?
    I think the problem may be with my mixer, its quite old, and all i hear when its plugged in like that is the typical buzzing noise (but both the decks are connected with their ground cables). However, this noise seems only to be related to right channel of the mixer, and as i put the volume/gain up the buzz noise goes up. Im not sure what exactly that means.. Have I bought these for nothing or is it a problem with my mixer?

I have attached a picture of the back of the speakers all plugged in, and the mixer too.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ElliotW; 02-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Reverse the Left and Right Outputs on the mixer. Observe if the buzz sound moved to the left speaker.
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by HighTopFade View Post
    Reverse the Left and Right Outputs on the mixer. Observe if the buzz sound moved to the left speaker.
    Yes it does. What does that mean? Also the buzz only comes when i use channel 2 on my mixer, when i plug that same deck into channel 1 i hear nothing. Is the problem with the mixer, or cables or something else? Thanks!

PS. I also plugged the speaker system into my digital tv box and it worked fine, so its not the speakers or rca cable, i just want to know if this setup will work with a mixer, and if so that means my mixer is the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast