HELP!!!! Technical Issues

Default HELP!!!! Technical Issues

Okay im trying to figure out the best and most cost efficient (cheapest) way to hook up all my equipment up to my KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors. I recently purchased a powered USB hub to run all my devices into my computer. I am now wanting all of them to be able to be played at the same time through the monitors. The equipment I have is: 2 KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors, Novation Twitch, M-Audio Venom Synth, Novation Launchpad, Midi Fighter Spectra and my Macbook.

If this is in the wrong forum im sorry would you please direct me to the right one.

Tech Wizard

Really? What is the technical issue? How do you think it should be setup? (hint: mixing board)

Tech Guru

If you want to use your computer's onboard sound card you'll need a wire like this to connect your speakers.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

aside from your synth i dont see why all the sound wont be coming out of your computer anyway and then into your speakers.

You want the synth included, go through the Traktor audio 10 or you can get just a channel mixer and plug everything into it THEN goto the monitor

SIDE NOTE.... i really wish people would at least RTFM on audio because questions like this...... you should NEVER have to ask once you have all that equipment

"Hey Mr Bush... now that you are president, we want to make sure you DONT TOUCH THAT RED BUTTON"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    aside from your synth i dont see why all the sound wont be coming out of your computer anyway and then into your speakers.

You want the synth included, go through the Traktor audio 10 or you can get just a channel mixer and plug everything into it THEN goto the monitor

SIDE NOTE.... i really wish people would at least RTFM on audio because questions like this...... you should NEVER have to ask once you have all that equipment

"Hey Mr Bush... now that you are president, we want to make sure you DONT TOUCH THAT RED BUTTON"

I just wish people would at least attempt to understand what they are even trying to accomplish as a hobby before buying thousands of dollars of unneeded equipment. I love the new article on the first page... I must read for alot of new hobbiests.

I have friends who do it all the time, buy gear cuz it looks cool, saw someone use it, think their set will be better with it, yet absolutely no clue how they intend to use it in their setup, or how to use it period hehe. I spent a decade before I left my Technic MK5gs behind hehe

For everyones information. My current set up the only thing that I dont currently have is the M-Audio Venom (in transit). Everything else is set up and in perfect working condition. I know how to use all the controllers (not like a pro by any means) and dont just buy equipment because it looks cool. With my synth on the way I was trying to think if there was a way for me to hook it up into my set up without having to buy a mixing board. Since I have spent a decent amount of cash on my set up. Honestly didnt think there was any other way but figured if anyone knew it would be someone on here. Yes I dont have much knowledge when it comes to synths but hey everyones gotta start somewhere and with getting it at a price of $178 new I really didnt take anything into consideration before purchasing it because the deal had me in a daze. I appreciate everyones help and honestly all anyones done has told me what I already knew. Thanks for helping anyways though.

Tech Guru

Your Rokits have several input connections on the rear panel. The best way to connect your synth would be 2x TRS to TRS cables directly to your speakers.

The Venom and Rokits also have RCA connections so you could use those if the TRS socket is already in use.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your Rokits have several input connections on the rear panel. The best way to connect your synth would be 2x TRS to TRS cables directly to your speakers.

The Venom and Rokits also have RCA connections so you could use those if the TRS socket is already in use.
    TRS cables are what im using to run the twitch through the KRK's. Your saying that with the venom's rca outputs I could run them into the KRK's along with the TRS cables and the audio should be okay for the venom? Would this cause any sort of sound quality issues for either?

Tech Guru

RCA should be fine for short distances (under 5m/15ft).

Im thinking im going to pick up some TRS to XLR cables and try them out of the Venom and see how that works since the XLR is a balanced hookup