Best 4 Channel Midi Mixer - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Do you care if it's an actual mixer mixer too? Behringer's DDM4000 should have enough MIDI buttons and knobs for you, won't break the bank, and is pretty light weight considering its size. Just be sure to get a MIDI-to-USB cable and you're set.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    That is something I considered doing. I solder lots and program lots, but midi just confuses the hell out of me.
    Livid Brain jr is walk in the park and all components you can order from their site are high quality. Now when it comes to mapping I'm sure someone can give you a tip or two

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Livid Brain jr is walk in the park and all components you can order from their site are high quality. Now when it comes to mapping I'm sure someone can give you a tip or two
    Oh great minister of mappings, would you like to aid a young electronics junkie in creating the world's first perfect midi 4 channel mixer?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Oh great minister of mappings, would you like to aid a young electronics junkie in creating the world's first perfect midi 4 channel mixer?
    Sure, just create a sketch first so I could know what you're considering perfect for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Sure, just create a sketch first so I could know what you're considering perfect for your needs.
    I will work on this. It might be a while as I have never used a 4 channel mixer before so I don't know exactly what I need, but I will PM you with some sketches once I have an idea.

Tech Guru

M Audio X-Session pro is very cheap and almost has everything you need. Filter knob missing but could be mapped with a shift modifier.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    M Audio X-Session pro is very cheap and almost has everything you need. Filter knob missing but could be mapped with a shift modifier.
    I did contemplate that one, it's a bit toyish feeling and much too big for what it really does.

If the M-Audio is too big for you, you want something really small. I'd look into those Faderfoxes or going custom.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    If the M-Audio is too big for you, you want something really small. I'd look into those Faderfoxes or going custom.
    New Plan: It's called "Operation: Fuck Plan A". I am going with the K2 and Nocturn combo for now, and this fall I'm going to order an Audio 10 and a DJM-900NXS, and then possibly colab with Stew on a custom mixer when I don't want to use the DJM.

this fall I'm going to order an Audio 10 and a DJM-900NXS
    Why are you ordering an A10 with the 900NXS? You know it's TSP certified right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast