(Possibly Corrupt?) Music Files Refuse to Delete. HELP!

Default (Possibly Corrupt?) Music Files Refuse to Delete. HELP!

I have a bit of a problem. I'm hoping someone more 1337 than I can help me find a solution.

I have a file full of old music that I transferred from a friend's hard drive to my laptop that I don't need anymore. My internal hard drive is running out of space and this old Beatport folder is taking up 24GB of valuable space. Problem is, THE ENTIRE FILE FOLDER WILL NOT MOVE, CUT, COPY, OR DELETE no matter what I do.

So far, I have used several free MP3 utilities (MP3 Checker, MP3 ReairTool, MP3-Val Beta and Unphucked) to scan to see if the files might be corrupt, and if so, repair the damaged goods to allow them to be trashed. While the scanners/repair softwares gave me mixed results - I still was unable to remove them. I tried system cleaning utilities like SlimCleaner (which CNET and a few others rate highly due to its unique crowd sourced method to decide what is/is not healthy for your computer - good stuff). Even SlimCleaner's File Shredder will not delete the file. I'm guessing there may be other similar files elsewhere that will not delete, but I haven't got that far yet.

(NOTE: Before someone suggests I may have a virus, I'm going to say I am moderately tech savvy and a former network administrator, which will make you very paranoid about system security. Yes. All of my security is doubled up and up to date.)

I'm frustrated. I've been hammering away on this for hours. Aside from backing up everything else and starting over with a fresh formatted hard drive...I don't know WTF to do. This should NOT be this difficult. Am I overlooking something? Is there a better method to scrub this off my hard drive without physically using steel wool and OxyClean on my laptop?

Please...HELP.
    --DJ B-Naut || Atlanta, GA
    Electro House || Mashups || VJ

Toshiba L505 i3 8GB RAM Win 7 64bit / 2 Technics 1200 / Vestax PMC280 / Dicer / Akai APC40 / Numark NuVJ / Arkaos GrandVJ

Tech Mentor

what kind of error are you getting when you try to delete the files?
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Tech Convert

ive just randomly seen this program that might help you but i've never used it before its called Unlocker and its supposed to delete stuff that windows wont let you delete. hope this helps

Tech Guru

Boot into Safe Mode and try deleting there.

Otherwise, try the Command Line (not from within Windows of course).
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

try right-clicking on teh folder and checking if it is set to "Read Only".

If it is not, there is a free utility that you can download called Move on Boot. Install that and give it a bash.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

if all else fails, remove HDD, connect it to another PC as a secondary drive and try then.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Sometimes I find I can't delete a folder if there is stuff inside the folder. Have you tried deleting what is inside of the folder, before trying to delete the actual folder?
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud