Should I sell my pair of CDJS (used for Traktor timecode)

Default Should I sell my pair of CDJS (used for Traktor timecode)

Okay this has been something that pops into my mind now and again, should I just sell my pair of CDJs, I have 1 Pioneer CDJ 1000 & 1 Pioneer CDJ 800.

My set up is TSP2, Audio10, MBP, Maschine, Kontrol X1 X2. Pioneer DJM 500.

Now, I can only use 3 of the Traktor decks, as my DJM mixer only has 3 line inputs, the forth being 'sub mic/phono'.
    And I only actually use TWO Traktor decks/channels on mixer because I have Maschine synced up with Traktor and Maschine has been routed as a Live Input into the 3rd Traktor deck and 3rd channel on my mixer.

So that Traktor Deck 4 isn't being used at all, as is my DJM channel 4, so I need to get a new mixer, which is where selling my CDJs pops in, should I go all 'laptop' and sell my CDJs to put towards buying a proper 4 channel mixer which will enable me to get to use all 4 Traktor decks!

I have always been weary about selling the CDJs and only using a laptop, not sure if in comfortable with it...

Opinions please?

Thanks.

Is there no way that you can just take the CDJs out of your setup for a while, and just see how you get on using traktor? See if you feel comfortable without the CDJs first, before you sell them and end up wishing you hadn't done?
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Hm, that's not a bad idea at all.

I could just take them out and just see how I feel using just Traktor.

Do you know if its a long process of changing from timecode to just using the play button from my X1? And then setting it back to timecode CDJs if I dislike?

Doing that will wouldnt solve my problem being limited to only 3 Traktor decks/channels though

Can't really answer that one for you, as I have never used time code. When I do move to a "more digital" form of DJIng, it will be when I upgrade to 2000s, and will use the HID function, which I believe is better than time-code, however, someone may be along to correct me on this! Still using good "old fashioned" CDs at the minute until I make the switch (which to be honest cant come soon enough).

Does a friend perhaps have a "true" four channel mixer you could try out on?
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Guru

Advanced HID is much better than timecode yes

Accurate cueing with no lag, and you get almost all of the CDJ features through Traktor. Waveforms, BPM, track timer, track browse+select. You can also map certain buttons and knobs like you would with a standard MIDI controller.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

hey op since you have a A10 sound cardwouldnt u be able to hook the cdj or whatever u wanna put into ch4 onto ch4 on A10 and run the outs into the ch4 spot on the mixer, ch4 on the mixer has line/phono flipswitch on the mixer i dont see why you cant use that ch for whatever

I only have 2 CDJs, channel 1 and 2's LINE inputs are being used for Deck A and B o Traktor/Audio10, and the 3rd channel on my mixer is being used as maschine live input for deck C.

I have no more line inputs :-(