Vinyl wrapping a controller
    Tech Convert

Default Vinyl wrapping a controller

Hi everyone I am considering attempting to wrap the top of my Vestax Typhoon in chrome vinyl to match with the silver mirror top of my midi fighter spectra.
    Just wondering if anyone has done something similar to a controller before?
    My worry is that there will be too little clearance between the crossfaders and knobs and the top of the controller once the vinyl is in place and that this will cause them to move slowly.
    What do people think?
    Thanks
    Phil

I don't think that will be aproblem - you can get some really thin chome effect vinyl.

Consider Style Flip. Then you won't lose the controller markings/labels...

http://www.styleflip.com/categories_.../typhoon-p-339
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Thanks for the tip but that's a bit expensive for $45 plus whatever it would cost to ship to the UK.
    When I looked on eBay vinyl was less than £10 so I'm not bothered if I had to put in a bit of effort to pop the markings on there the only bit that I think might be tricky is cutting around the l.e.d.s without it looking rubbish.

A skin from styleflip or 12inchskinz is computer cut (for faders, knobs, etc.) and printed. Which will look way better than trying to cut it and mark it yourself. That is why it costs more than the plain vinyl. Some one had to measure and program everything. Also I know 12inch(styleflip may also) puts a clear covering material over the entire skin which protects it and makes it more durable than vinyl alone.
    Do what you wish, just wanted to inform you as to why the cost was so much more than just the vinyl.

Tech Convert

@ VanGogo
    I understand that its is a professional looking product that you are paying for and that it will look loads better.
    I wasn't really wanting to spend loads to get that, I just thought it would be cool to see how it would look doing it myself and thought that it might be worth a go for the $10-15 that it would cost to get some vinyl.

No worries, I'm all about some "do it yourself" also. Just sayin the extra $ for a skin from either company is worth it.
    I would make sure the adhesive on the vinyl you get doesn't leave residue or damage the surface. Not sure if all vinyl uses the same type of adhesive.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the tips man.
    Definitely need to try and find a no residue one.

forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=64711

All of the white gear I wrapped with vinyl. It takes time, but its easy.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.