Tips for going back to digital(traktor)
    Tech Wizard

Default Tips for going back to digital(traktor)

Well I started off DJing with traktor a few years ago simply because I thought it would be fun etc. and what do you know it is! So ive been running traktor since then and got an S2 a little over a year ago, been working on it, all I had and enjoyed it. A month ago this music shop here was offering a really good deal to rent a pair of CDJ 350's and DJM 350 for 40$ for the month and I always wanted to try CDJs so I jumped on it and immediately loved using them. I have now returned them and have gone back to my S2 and Traktor and I just cannot stand it! I hate the way the faders feel, the way the jogs feel and the whole workflow of it all.

Has anyone had this problem or similar? and if so does anyone have any tips to get back into Traktor and such?

Thanks guys!

Tech Mentor

Get an analog mixer + soundcard and start mixing external! I went from a s4 and now I got a xone 92 + k2 and its an awesome setup!
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Tech Guru

Get some used turntables and go timecode with external mixer as already mentioned. More joy in it for me.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

SJJVEN:
    Do you ever hvae any regrets?

I have an xone:42 I'm contemplating selling to pick up a Denon MC3000 or S2/S4.

Tech Guru

Yep turntables X1 and traktor is the most fun I've had mixing

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    SJJVEN:
    Do you ever hvae any regrets?

I have an xone:42 I'm contemplating selling to pick up a Denon MC3000 or S2/S4.

No not really, If I ever wanted to mix internally I have that option to do so with the k2 alone. I'm new to external mixing and the xone filters so its really fun to mix now. Especially since now I got a 4-band eq.

I honestly think I have more control with 2 k2s + the 92 then I ever did with the s4. I have 5 cues/track deck and I still have yet to map my 3rd layer for more effects/beat matching.
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Tech Guru

Ahh. That sounds so good. I love the xone filters, but I'm still split between Ableton and Traktor.

Is 4 band eq really that much better over 3 band? I'm not really finding any limitations with 3 band.

Tech Mentor

Wouldn't say its better or worse. I guess it would be personal preference, you do have a lot more control over the frequency range with a 4band tho.

As for ableton vs traktor for djing, I personally prefer traktor because its solely meant for djing as ableton is also a production tool.