julamy0109 setup evolution! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I want a table like yoursss so badddd!!! can you post all ikea parts you used????
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

It's the usual. Expedit 2x2 bookcase, vika amon tabletop, lack bookshelf, capita legs, and angular capita brackets. I used mirror clips to old the capita legs on the bookshelf. I might remove the shelf in the next few days and install a controller/laptop stand and use the legs to install some powered speakers. I find the shelf not that useful, except for drinks, but the minute I have people over, I don't want any drinks near the DJ booth...

And get ready, I traded some equipment so very soon, I'll put some new pictures and description! Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Hey Julz i borrowed your idea with the rca jacks...will post pics when im done
    2 Numark TTX Pioneer DJM-600
    Kontrol S4 Reloop Digital Jockey 2(Interface) Roland Sp 404
    Novation Dicers N.I Audio 8 DJ T.S.P 2.6.1
    H.P Pavilion dv6 128GB SSD 1TB External HHD 8GB Ram

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing this!
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.

Hello all!

Spring just hit us here in Quebec, there's still snow outside but hey, I went outside in shorts this morning! So with this new season finally here, it's time for an upgrade and explanation of the new setup! So here's a picture of the table right now. The only thing missing is my 10 port powered USB hub because I realized I have way too many MIDI devices (it will be behind the Numark mixer for a quick access).

IMG_1244.jpg
    What you can see (click for bigger picture):

To start, my S4 is still there, on the left side. You might wonder why it's still there. Well because I often have friends over (and a huge party coming up), I wanted a setup that would let everyone use their weapon of choice. 2 of my friends only use controllers, one has the S2, the other one the S4. And because I was not going to get rid of my S4 (and because there is still an S2 lying around the house, waiting to be sold), I decided to include it in my day to day setup.

Next to it, my dear CDJ-400s. Great smaller CDJs, they take USB key, they're midi controllers, really great for my usage and for what my friends do, even though some of them are used to bigger CDJs.

And them, my flagship, my DJM-2000. It's a big upgrade for me, but a great deal is a great deal! There's not much I can say about it, the minute I started playing with it, I fell in love. It is such a powerful piece of equipment, really something to try at least once!

Then, there's an Traktor X1. I haven't included it to my workflow yet, which should happen soon. It will be mapped to control decks 3 and 4, plus Traktor effects on 4 decks. Again, that one is actually more for my friends who use it a lot. But I have the RGAS so it's part of it!

You can also see some dicers, that I use for cue points and loops, I find it easier to use those than the loops on the CDJs. And finally my last MIDI controller, an Akai LPD8, with custom mapping. I have it mapped to the loop recorder, cue points as well, basic control over the remix decks and effects. Great smaller controller and my first real mapping!

Finally, there is a Numark DM1090x connected to my now famous RCA desk plates. This let me control 2 setups before I output them to my amp. I switched the configuration a bit of the desk plates and now, on the left side, you can plug into Channel 1 and Aux while the right side is Channel 2 and record, so I can record a full night of mixing through that amp.

On top, we will be putting laptops (my Mac is currently there) and drinks...no I'm just kidding, no god damn drinks near the DJ booth...lol.

I hope you guys like the update, go for it if you have questions!

Banned

Can we hear a mix? All this equipment and no music.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    Can we hear a mix? All this equipment and no music.
    Fair enough. I will need a week for this because my internet service is being change and right now, I'm running on my very limited phone plan. You'd be surprised how fast someone can use 6gig of date lol I will send you a link the minute I can get one up!

Quote Originally Posted by julamy0109 View Post
    Hello all!

Spring just hit us here in Quebec, there's still snow outside but hey, I went outside in shorts this morning! So with this new season finally here, it's time for an upgrade and explanation of the new setup! So here's a picture of the table right now. The only thing missing is my 10 port powered USB hub because I realized I have way too many MIDI devices (it will be behind the Numark mixer for a quick access).

IMG_1244.jpg
    What you can see (click for bigger picture):

To start, my S4 is still there, on the left side. You might wonder why it's still there. Well because I often have friends over (and a huge party coming up), I wanted a setup that would let everyone use their weapon of choice. 2 of my friends only use controllers, one has the S2, the other one the S4. And because I was not going to get rid of my S4 (and because there is still an S2 lying around the house, waiting to be sold), I decided to include it in my day to day setup.

Next to it, my dear CDJ-400s. Great smaller CDJs, they take USB key, they're midi controllers, really great for my usage and for what my friends do, even though some of them are used to bigger CDJs.

And them, my flagship, my DJM-2000. It's a big upgrade for me, but a great deal is a great deal! There's not much I can say about it, the minute I started playing with it, I fell in love. It is such a powerful piece of equipment, really something to try at least once!

Then, there's an Traktor X1. I haven't included it to my workflow yet, which should happen soon. It will be mapped to control decks 3 and 4, plus Traktor effects on 4 decks. Again, that one is actually more for my friends who use it a lot. But I have the RGAS so it's part of it!

You can also see some dicers, that I use for cue points and loops, I find it easier to use those than the loops on the CDJs. And finally my last MIDI controller, an Akai LPD8, with custom mapping. I have it mapped to the loop recorder, cue points as well, basic control over the remix decks and effects. Great smaller controller and my first real mapping!

Finally, there is a Numark DM1090x connected to my now famous RCA desk plates. This let me control 2 setups before I output them to my amp. I switched the configuration a bit of the desk plates and now, on the left side, you can plug into Channel 1 and Aux while the right side is Channel 2 and record, so I can record a full night of mixing through that amp.

On top, we will be putting laptops (my Mac is currently there) and drinks...no I'm just kidding, no god damn drinks near the DJ booth...lol.

I hope you guys like the update, go for it if you have questions!
    Amazing setup, enjoy!!! When you have some time please post all the ikea parts u used an also a little explaining if u can!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

I posted the Ikea parts in a past response, just on top of yours. Again, it is the basic IKEA DJ table. If you follow the guide here on DJTT, you will achieve the same result. My only modification is that I sinked a mixer in it and added those wall plates with RCA inputs. And again, those are explained on this thread. I really have nothing to add because I simply followed the guide using a smaller base and a bigger top.

How come you aren't using the CDJ-400's in HID?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast