mac book pro 13 inch record problem
    Tech Convert

Default mac book pro 13 inch record problem

hi ive just found out i cant use my headphone output as a mic input to record my vinyls, i have searched the web and found some sort of splitter called a IMic does anyone know if this will solve my problem of being able to record on to my mac book pro 13inch. any help would be greatly appreciated.

System preferences, audio, and there is a "scrolling menu" which says something like "Use audio port as" and you have a choice between "line input" and "output". Currently, by default it is used as "output". However, if you change to "line input", you will be able to plug a small jack (3.5mm i don't know about the imperial value) and record your stuff.
    You will need a "Y" cable (male RCA on one side and small jack on the other side).

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    System preferences, audio, and there is a "scrolling menu" which says something like "Use audio port as" and you have a choice between "line input" and "output". Currently, by default it is used as "output". However, if you change to "line input", you will be able to plug a small jack (3.5mm i don't know about the imperial value) and record your stuff.
    You will need a "Y" cable (male RCA on one side and small jack on the other side).
    hi, there is no drop down menu to the 13 inch to change the line input only only on the 15 inch (due to spacing issues or something in the laptop there is no mic input) so was wondering if there is another way

Tech Guru

If your Mac doesn't have an option to change to line input, it probably means you have the newer version that no longer has a Line In.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If your Mac doesn't have an option to change to line input, it probably means you have the newer version that no longer has a Line In.
    the 13 inch (screen) doesnt have a line input it starts with the 15 inch one, but i think ive solved the problem. im getting a imic which is some sort of splitter, hopefully should solve the problem

Tech Guru

The Griffin iMic is an audio interface that adds an line input+output through USB. I assume you have some sort of preamp for your turntable?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

This one works pretty good if you want to save a USB port and use Firewire.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/FCA202.aspx
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The Griffin iMic is an audio interface that adds an line input+output through USB. I assume you have some sort of preamp for your turntable?
    i was just gonna use my mixer