traktor used w/ non quantized music - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I use my jog wheels as pitch faders, which gives a totally more accurate control that the faders don't. Then if the drum drifts you can just pitch up or down or bend slightly with the outside of the jogs.
    Just recently started using this method myself. Been working on a new MIDI map for my VCI since getting fw 1.3. Love being able to get down into the decimal points of beats!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

hey

yeah for proper mixing being able to move up in 0.1 pitch its really a must i think in general, but especially if you are using music which isn't very easy to beatgrid.

I set my pitch max and min to +/- 35% which is more than i'll ever use normally (20% would have been perfect but not a choice) and i set the fader sensitivity to 41% which means that it goes +/- 6% within that range in 0.1% steps. So I can use hot keys to jump up and down in big steps and get close and then the pitch fader to get exact.

but yeah jog wheels as pitch fader is also interesting especially as i dont scratch much, might look into that.

k

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Yes of course. If you are beatmatching the old fashioned way, and adjusting the tempo with the 1200's pitch sliders, then you can do exactly the same thing with traktor. Just leave snap and quantize off and continue to do it what way, this time with the VCI's pitch sliders.

I'm also pretty sure that with alot of work, you could beatgrid human drumming, but it would need alot of adjustment.
    How though? I'd love to know if that can be done, but I thought it was not possible to beatgrid individual beats... which you would have to do, to beatgrid human drumming.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can't beatgrid human drumming without putting a beatgrid on every single beat that drifts. And even then it wouldn't be the perfect solution.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12