Whats the down fall of my mixes?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Whats the down fall of my mixes?

I've been recording for almost a year now and my music still isn't sounding appealing. I'm I lacking some basic information? Music theory is my guess.

If you haven't heard the mess of my music mixing check it out.

https://soundcloud.com/house-productions

Nothing tbh; Moon Walk and Delighted are both pretty decent old school Trance tracks by the sounds of it; the only thing you're really "missing" is a defined structure and a melody, the overall sound is pretty solid and reminiscent of Cosmic Gate / Lange / York etc. You just need to find a decent female vocalist and you've got a shot at a club anthem.

Thanks I do think my preferred genre is hard to get feedback on. I do need more girl vocals. Those are hard to find, maybe I can figure out how to use audio hijack and take vocals from movies / songs and interpret them into a mix. Or I could get a girl voice sample and throw it into my mix. Never experimented with that, good advice you got.

Dude, you ask the same question once a week. Stop posting, and practice more. Listen to other mixes, and try to do the same things that they are doing.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I know I like to hear feedback from more experienced dj's though. So I can try new techniques out. But I'll go back to practicing, just got my mixer and head phones so it's been consistent for two days now.

It certainly was an interesting way of plugging your stuff: "I'm shit, have a listen and tell my WHY I'm shit", when you're not shit. Clever

I think I have a lot to improve, when I'm not touching knobs and staring at the computer screen waiting for something amazing to happen. When mixing psychedelic trance, I literally drop the volume slide the fader over and thats it. There is already so many effects going on in the mix I don't find a point into throwing in a delay or a reverb or even lofi. So I catch myself just staring at the controller like hmmm there's gotta be more to this piece of plastic then what i'm doing lol. I can't go to a house party plug in my computer then let my computer be a ipod in front of a crowd. I can't just stand around, I need some knobs moving, something to improve my sets. I just can't figure out what i'm looking for yet. Time will tell, I just want to speed up this learning process. Graghhh

FX dude. When I'm doing a set I spend half the track mashing buttons like a maniac. The best results I've had are when I'm working with another DJ; he mixes the tracks in and I play around with them. Flux mode and Macro FX are brilliant for that sort of thing.

I don't know many people who use FX in psy trance. Just do great transitions. What Fx you thinking? I'll go do it now. I'm just taking a break. I've been on this computer since 9am and it's 1:08 am lol. Got ear burn from these damn head phones. lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast