Djm-950?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Djm-950?

Default Djm-950?

Hey all,

Do you all know if there is any chance of a new Pioneer mixer coming out in the next year or so? I am about to pull the trigger on a DJM-900NXS, and I don't want to drop the $2000.00 and a year later have an old model.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Nobody knows about pioneer products until about a week before they are available. Look at it this way... the DJM-800 was introduced in 2006 and is still relevant today. I doubt the 900 will have a replacement anytime soon, but you never know.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Probably, but most people who buy Pioneer products have more money than sense, so no doubt you'll be spending another $2k on the 950 when it comes out anyway, regardless of what you buy now.

Get a Xone DB4 it's 10x better than the 900
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Probably, but most people who buy Pioneer products have more money than sense, so no doubt you'll be spending another $2k on the 950 when it comes out anyway, regardless of what you buy now.
    true but pioneer stuff retains their resale value, well at least over here in singapore, try buying any other brand and when you try to sell them you will lost a lot of money, pioneer gear are ALWAYS in demand so they are easier to sell later on when you wanna upgrade and you will still get a lot of money back
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Nobody knows about pioneer products until about a week before they are available. Look at it this way... the DJM-800 was introduced in 2006 and is still relevant today. I doubt the 900 will have a replacement anytime soon, but you never know.
    You make a good point, and the 800/850/900 all do basically the same stuff. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Well good thing I'm not most people then.

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Get a Xone DB4 it's 10x better than the 900
    I have yet to see substantial proof of that, and even if there was, I really like the 900NXS and the difference would have to be pretty huge seeing as it's an extra $1300 to get the DB4.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    I have yet to see substantial proof of that, and even if there was, I really like the 900NXS and the difference would have to be pretty huge seeing as it's an extra $1300 to get the DB4.
    a DB4 can be had for 2300 with free shipping, where are db4 $3300 (2k +1300)>? and secondly you can find a 900NXS for ~$1400 and yes then ther is a good price difference.

(these prices are mainly for US, so if your elsewhere my pricing wont be accurate)

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    a DB4 can be had for 2300 with free shipping, where are db4 $3300 (2k +1300)>? and secondly you can find a 900NXS for ~$1400 and yes then ther is a good price difference.

(these prices are mainly for US, so if your elsewhere my pricing wont be accurate)
    yeah, i've seen b stock db4s go for about $2300 from pro audio star pretty consistently (also they charge $2900 for a new one). new djm 900 for about $1650+ on an occasional sale once or twice a year. not too much of a difference if you can't find the 900 on sale.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=db4
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Fuck DB4s... What's the point of them?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I can get a DJM-900NXS for $1,600 ($1,700) with shipping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast