Win7 - Disable ACPI? Try this:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Win7 - Disable ACPI? Try this:

I've been having audio issues with Windows 7, even after some pretty serious optimising.

Nothing really serious - but I knew I could get better performance out of my laptop.

I've tried a lot of different ways to get around the Win 7 ACPI issues, and I knew that ACPI was causing some serious hard page faults from using DPC Checker and LatencyMon.

As a last ditch effort, I thought I'd try removing the battery...

Bugger me if all my ACPI problems didn't just stop!

Try it - see what results you get...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You can remove the battery. Easier just to disable ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in the device manager.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Doesn't do THING IN wIN 7...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Theoretically you could re-install with a non-ACPI HAL, but it seems like overkill considering there's probably a far simpler solution to your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    You can remove the battery. Easier just to disable ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in the device manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Doesn't do THING IN wIN 7...
    for me disabling acpi in the device manager fixed all of my dcp latency issues. odd it doesn't do anything for you. some have recommended disabling in bios.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

IMO this is the Number 1 optimisation you can use for windows machines. using the dpc checker before and after this will make it obvious.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Agree. Disabling battery manager was the most effective optimisation step I could take on my windows machine.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

this and not checking your facebook mid set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    this and not checking your facebook mid set.
    Indeed, that's what your phone is for.

Changing the default system font to Tahoma is pretty much THE best thing you can do.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast