Copyright Concern for Live Perfomance / DJ
    Tech Mentor

Default Copyright Concern for Live Perfomance / DJ

Hello

(http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/03/2...out-copyright/)

After reading again and again this page ( I don't speak English very well.) I think I miss something or don't understand correctly.

When I buy a track on website like "Beatport"

Can I grab some sample in this track and make loop with them to make my own Remix Deck for Live Performance in Club ? (Without playing this song, just using the samples to make my owns )

I see that on "Beatport" you can monetize your mix if you use only "Beaport" Tracks
    Is there any legal term I must watch before doing this ?

Thanks

NoFuture

I dont know about Geneva, but the clubs here cover the cost of licensing from what i understand. Samples are just samples. You might get in trouble if you try and sell those samples though.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

If you're in Switzerland, I wouldn't be too worried about any form of possible copyright infringement tbh. According to most governments around the world - yours included, if I recall correctly - copyright infringement isn't a criminal matter, it's a civil one. And unless you're literally ripping someone else off completely (ie, claiming their entire song is yours and charging money for it), there likely aren't going to be any consequences.

I'd say that sampling stuff and incorporating it into an original mix is perfectly acceptable, and as for live performances, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for theses fast answers guys !