About to buy (Right Now) Mixtrack Pro or BCD3000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default About to buy (Right Now) Mixtrack Pro or BCD3000

Just wanting to get some opinions... I know Behringer gets some hate, but I like them thus far. I have enough to get either a Mixtrack Pro, or a BCD3000, but I haven't 100% decided yet...

Definately the mixtrack pro. BCD 3000's are about as old as you can get as far as midi controllers aimed at DJ's are concerned, because of that the build quality isn't nearly as good as you get these days as standards weren't so high. I can't say anything about the mixtrack pro's soundcard but the BCD3000's one is really bad, so if you chose that you'd probably want a seperate soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    Definately the mixtrack pro. BCD 3000's are about as old as you can get as far as midi controllers aimed at DJ's are concerned, because of that the build quality isn't nearly as good as you get these days as standards weren't so high. I can't say anything about the mixtrack pro's soundcard but the BCD3000's one is really bad, so if you chose that you'd probably want a seperate soundcard.
    Thanks for the fast reply!

I am running a Scarlett 2i2, so I for sure need something like the Mixtrack's soundcard, cause it has headphone cue, and all that jazz :3

Quote Originally Posted by SMOR3S View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply!

I am running a Scarlett 2i2, so I for sure need something like the Mixtrack's soundcard, cause it has headphone cue, and all that jazz :3
    The Mixtrack Pro is a great controller for a beginner. Especially if you can find a used one in good condition.

Any good experienced DJ can get on a Mixtrack Pro and throw down a good set.

It's like when you hear a good drummer on a $300 drum set.

So pull the trigger and start practicing you skills.

>

The bcd3000 is an awesome controller. The build quality is great force its price, and its a good size. If you really want jogwheels though, go for the mixtrack, the jogs are waaaaay nicer on it
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Personally I'd go for the BCD3000; it has analog inputs as well as outputs, which means you can hook up turntables or CDJs for timecode (or even live playback) use. The Mixtrack Pro is essentially an expensive toy, whereas the BCD3000 is a cheap tool.

That being said, the jogwheels on the Mixtrack are much bigger, and bigger is usually better when it comes to jogwheels unfortunately The audio interface on the BCD3000 is WAY better though.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    The Mixtrack Pro is a great controller for a beginner. Especially if you can find a used one in good condition.

Any good experienced DJ can get on a Mixtrack Pro and throw down a good set.

It's like when you hear a good drummer on a $300 drum set.

So pull the trigger and start practicing you skills.

>
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The bcd3000 is an awesome controller. The build quality is great force its price, and its a good size. If you really want jogwheels though, go for the mixtrack, the jogs are waaaaay nicer on it
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Personally I'd go for the BCD3000; it has analog inputs as well as outputs, which means you can hook up turntables or CDJs for timecode (or even live playback) use. The Mixtrack Pro is essentially an expensive toy, whereas the BCD3000 is a cheap tool.

That being said, the jogwheels on the Mixtrack are much bigger, and bigger is usually better when it comes to jogwheels unfortunately The audio interface on the BCD3000 is WAY better though.

Jog wheels aren't a big concern for me... The two major things are #1.) Build Quality/Durability/Life Span, and #2.) Overall functionally and Sound quality...

I do like what "mdcdesign" said about the BCD3000, where I can hook CDJ's to it, (If I ever get into CDJ's that is...) which I doubt, cause they aren't my particular fancy, but it's always an option... I honestly just need something that works, cause I will probably still use my MPK mini for effects, sampling, and looping + ya, the major, major thing, is the audio... My Scarlett 2i2 is probably better than both those controller combined, but my 2i2 doesn't do headphone cueing, so... ya...

I am a hard one to convince sometimes, so a nudge in the right direction never hurts :3

Thanks guys!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I do like what "mdcdesign" said about the BCD3000, where I can hook CDJ's to it
    Note that inputs are phono and only one of them is switchable in to line so you could hook up to only one CDJ tho.

Jog wheels aren't a big concern for me... The two major things are #1.) Build Quality/Durability/Life Span, and #2.) Overall functionally and Sound quality...

I am a hard one to convince sometimes, so a nudge in the right direction never hurts :3

Thanks guys!
    Have you looked at the Novation Twitch?

What software are you using?

Lookie here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novation-Twi...item56530b2906

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Have you looked at the Novation Twitch?

What software are you using?

Lookie here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novation-Twi...item56530b2906

>
    I am using Traktor...

If I had that kind of cash, I would just get a used S2 :3

Budget is like $150 tops, but I honestly just need something like that new CMD MM-1 coming out... My MPK works fine, I just want something with either faders/knobs, or like build in sound, thus why I was looking at the Mixtrack Pro, or BCD3000, cause they fit my price range (Used)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast