Weird things with my VCI-100

Default Weird things with my VCI-100

Hi ppl,

I bought a second hand VCI-100 for like 200 euro's and that really is a low price. But there are some things that concerns me :

1. One jogwheel makes weird grinding sound when i turn it . Its like its sliding over something. Im not sure but i recorded the sound. Any idea's of this can be fixed , or how bad this problem is? The jog wheel itself works 100% in traktor pro. Sound here

2. Everytime i load in a new track the pitch slider does nothing till i slide it back over the middle ( 0 point,). It needs te be done everytime before it response. Is this normal ??

3. One volume slicer feels a bit sticky. When its not used for some times the first slide feels like its stuck (just a little tiny) but when its moved more its back to normal?? Maybe dirt ??Can i clean/fix it someway?

Other then that the controller is working 100% and its no real big deal while mixing but im just wondering about these questions

Thanks

Maybe the soft take over is engaged?

Best thing is to replace it if cleaning does not help, you can look for the replacement part # on the vestax site

Cheers!

1. Had this exact problem with my vci when i first got it. Follow the instructions on this link (http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...diy-repair.pdf) and your jog wheels should be good as new! Also helps if you have stiff jog wheels

Good Luck!

Open up the FAQ (theres a link in my signiture) then scroll all the way to the bottom until you get to the section dedicated to the VCI-100