CMD LC-1 mapping by DJ Patec - insane Traktor mapping!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default CMD LC-1 mapping by DJ Patec - insane Traktor mapping!

Patec was one of the DJs at the Behringer booth for NAMM 2013, and we gave all the guys controllers to take home. About 2 weeks later I got this video from Patec that blew me away. I thought I would share this with you guys so you could see the kind of functionality that can be achieved with a single CMD controller.

Tech Mentor

LED output looks good. Is there going to full documentation on it so that mapping is a little easier/we can plan it out (what colour can flash etc..)? I assume the rings around the encoders can fill up as the midi data goes from 0-127 rather than only have the one light move around the ring.. can you confirm this? Also, can the LED rings around the encoders flash?

Tech Guru

There will be a fully documented MIDI spec on release. Basically, the output message for a control is the input message you need to send to drive the LEDs. For the encoders, there are 15 LEDs, so values are interpolated from 128 values to 15. Encoder rings do not have a native "flash" message, but can be made to flash by alternating the messaging.

So, if the encoder sends out B0 2A **, then sending that encoder B0 2A 00-0F will drive that LED ring. To flash them, alternate between sending B0 2A 00 and the current value (like B0 2A 09).

Tech Mentor

Whoo boy sounds fun.. not sure how exactly to map that (if an effect button is enabled, then having it flash along with displaying the interpolated value on the led), but hopefully some hardcore mapping people can band together. Patec def knows what is up. Looking forward to this... For the love of god please arrive at long + mcquade soon.

Tech Guru

...not sure how exactly to map that (if an effect button is enabled, then having it flash along with displaying the interpolated value on the led)...
    You don't have to worry about interpolation - the firmware does it automatically. All you have to do is make an output message in Traktor with the range of 1-15 and have blend on (the 0 value is the off state, so you start with 1). To blink that value, you could do a number of things depending on what you were trying to accomplish.

Them buttons sound like they have a sweet little "click" to them!! Is the mechanism the same for the buttons on the other controllers?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pretty nice work! This is insane to some people for sure although for some other people like one hour of clicking

I wonder if this burns all the modifiers?

Too much going on, too much damn shifiting from page to page. What ever happened to just mixing?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    Too much going on, too much damn shifiting from page to page. What ever happened to just mixing?
    Its a controller mapping demo FFS.

Tech Guru

Nothing. But different people like different kinds of mappings. The default mapping for the LC-1 is a simple triggering mapping with one layer, but I think DJ Patec did an amazing job of showing us what's possible with this controller. All of the pages are visually different (via color) and even the flashes when a button is pressed convey information to the user.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast