Forum Search Issue (bug?)
    Tech Mentor

Default Forum Search Issue (bug?)

Hi guys,

I have had a little bit of inspiration of late and it has got me fiddling again!

I thought I might have a search to see if anyone had shared some eks xp10 (or 5) mappings in the midi mapping section.

I could not get any results with the Advanced Search, which I thought was strange although I realize the small amount of people here that use the xp10s. Just to be sure though I tried searching for "VCI or "TSI" in the Midi Mapping section. Hmm no results (I knew there were posts that had these terms in the title.)

I changed it to all forums (including sub forums) and still no results!

Just thought I would pass this on the the devs here!

Feel free to close/delete this thread once the bug has been noted.
    Last edited by obsidiance; 08-18-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Yeah i have noticed that my self, in the end i just end up having to manually search through all the pages for the topic... lol
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Use google search to search for small terms

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...meta=&aq=f&oq=

use Site:www.djtechtools.com/forum followed by your search inquiry - maintaining a search database that included 3 letter words puts extra strain on the server. We have been considering dropping the amount of letters than can be searched for, or alternatively adding in a google search bar that automaticly will insert "Site:www.djtechtools.com/forum" into your search inquiry so you can search for these shorter terms though google.

Tech Mentor

Yeh I had actually tried that bento, I just wanted to search the Mapping forum specifically. No worries I understand the issue with the search database.

If you want to add google search functionality might I point you to Google Custom Search.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats