3 Minute Dubstep Minimix! *Free Download*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 3 Minute Dubstep Minimix! *Free Download*

Just thought I'd share my three minute Dubstep Minimix for the love and feedback! If you like it feel free to head overo to my Soundcloud page and bag yourself a free download!

TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Tech Mentor

3 min mix, really?....

the beginning was good, firehive and get out my head lyrics works well, but after that it was rather messy, work on transitioning songs by playing around with the EQ

I normally make hour / 90 minute long mixes but thought I'd try something different.

Good feedback on the EQ'ing though, unfortunately I'm away with work and the only speaker I have are my MacBooks or my headphones!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

For what it is, It's OK. Does need some Eq work maybe. Felt like a lot of mid was missing.

Thanks for the listen and all feedback is taken on board! Quick question though, when monitoring with less than optimal speakers / headphones, what's your top tip for nice sounding mixes?

It probably doesn't helps hat my new mixer has the weirdest EQ's I've ever used.

Herm...

A lot of people have different ideas on this. My self, I like to listen to a lot of music that has the same sound as what I'm working on. This way you can learn the speakers / headphones. you'll better understand how stuff should sound and then you can make your stuff sound similar.

With that, My stuff, at least the stuff I post to soundcloud, doesn't have the best sound/mix. So i'm no expert.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Lineypirate View Post
    Thanks for the listen and all feedback is taken on board! Quick question though, when monitoring with less than optimal speakers / headphones, what's your top tip for nice sounding mixes?

It probably doesn't helps hat my new mixer has the weirdest EQ's I've ever used.
    When I first bought my controller, I was using my speakers which I use for my desktop and I thought the sound coming out of it was top quality stuff.

Then I bought myself studio headphones...

You have no idea how BIG BIG of a help quality headphones are, once I put those babies in, every single track sounded completely different.

Advice: Buy yourself studio headphones, there are some excellent ones for cheap. I bought mine for like 40 bucks, Audio-Technica ATH-M30

Also, keep on fucking around with the EQ, have the transitioning track with a high mid (i never touch the mid unless I hear some keys clashing, I generally keep the mid at a relatively high setting), and low hi and a low low, and slowly start bringing the hi up or the low up (depending on what sound you want to generate, bring the bass up on the 2nd track or the hats? your judgement call), etc.

I mean, there really is no other way then to get yourself decent studio headphones and to get familiar with your controller and it's weird EQ settings. You should focus on making your controller your bitch, know the ins and outs

Advice: Buy yourself studio headphones, there are some excellent ones for cheap. I bought mine for like 40 bucks, Audio-Technica ATH-M30
    I have both the ATH-M30's & ATH-M50's If you can spare the extra cash on them, I would get them over the 30's. the highs and a lot better and the lows are a little clearer.

Both though, are very bass heavy. so just remember that when mixing on them.
    Last edited by lingk; 02-20-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by lingk View Post
    I have both the ATH-M30's & ATH-M50's If you can spire the extra cash on them, I would get them over the 30's. the highs and a lot better and the lows are a little clearer.

Both though, are very bass heavy. so just remember that when mixing on them.
    In relation to value, the 30's are excellent.

How much do the 50's go for?

They go for 150 - 200 depending on where yo get them and if it's the updated version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast