Thinking of buying some turntables
    Tech Mentor

Default Thinking of buying some turntables

A mate offered me his DJ setup. it is 2 x st150 (bent arms a behringer djx 600, a small amp, moniters and some 680hp needles. Is that a decent enough setup for traktor scratch. If i get it i will turn my VCI 100 into a effects unit running through traktor. I mainly mix minimal/Prog and sometimes a bit of electro any input is appreciated. Its setting me back $1000 Au and the setup is about 2 years old but only bedroom use.

They are really good turntables, my mate has a pair - the torque will rip your arms clean off

Default Depends on what you're used to

I know this is a little off-topic, but having gone from various Turntables to CDJ's and shortly to Controllers I would say it depends on what Turntables you've used before and how you got on with them as to whether you should go for it or not.

When I moved from my Technics 1210's to Pioneer CDJ-1000's it was quite a jump, but since the vinyl emulation is pretty good it was OK; having seen some people try and use Turntables for the first time after CDJing for years it can be harder going backwards...

I guess what I'm trying to say is would it be better to invest in an additional controller (and use both) or do you fancy the feel and control of Turntables and a Mixer?
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Tech Mentor

i originally learnt on technics 1200 that a mate lent me thats what got me into dj'ing. But he needed cash and sold them off, i didnt have cash at the time so i didnt get them. So thats y i got a VCI-100 cheap and i could still dj. Now i get some cash i wanna get back into vinyl with a digital approach. And what can i say vinyl is sexy.

Tell me about it man, would love to get some decks setup again but definitely got no space anymore...

I have a friend that has a pair of ST150's and he loves them, but I got my Technics second-hand originally with mixer for less than that so it depends I guess on personal preference
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau