Trying to get a radio show time tips?

Default Trying to get a radio show time tips?

Hey DJTT,

I have been DJing for almost two years now but I am still only fifteen... I have been wanting to challenge myself by playing on a radio show since live gigs are a rarity where I am. I mostly play Electro-House and Trance but I have recently found a liking in Nu Disco. Does anyone have any good tips on trying to get a show or experiences that could make the attempt easier? Thanks!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Market yourself. Twitter. Get followers. Follow back. Record weekly podcasts. Get fans. Produce/remix. Stand out. If your pretty creative and social you'll be able to meet some peeps online that can hook up online radio shows and feature your mixes on blogs etc.

Thats my two cents.

throw your own parties, huck it man, sometimes you gotta shamelessly promote yourself. put your stuff on soundcloud, get it into as many peoples hands as possible... nudisco is dope btw

Being a DJ is all about ONE thing - SELF PROMOTION.

You can easily set up a podcast/webcast (audio or audio/video), but people are not gonna just stumble upon it. You have to market yourself. Stickers are a GREAT idea. get a good design, with the webcast info on it, and soe people will tune in and check it out.

It has NEVER been enough to just be good - you have to market yourself as much as possible.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Put some mixes on soundcloud, try to make some acquaintances with people that run some existing shows. I didn't do the shameless promotion that everyone is recommending, but have been played on several radio shows online, had my tracks played on frisky and even had shows broadcasted over the air in other countries. The key is to be a master at your art, because no matter how much you market and push yourself, nothing is gonna make up for impeccable programming, mixing, and track selection. Goodluck bro !

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrymist View Post
    Put some mixes on soundcloud, try to make some acquaintances with people that run some existing shows. I didn't do the shameless promotion that everyone is recommending, but have been played on several radio shows online, had my tracks played on frisky and even had shows broadcasted over the air in other countries. The key is to be a master at your art, because no matter how much you market and push yourself, nothing is gonna make up for impeccable programming, mixing, and track selection. Goodluck bro !
    def agree that you gotta have the skill but if you dont tell someone you have that skill its gonna stay in your bedroom

Thanks for the good feedback I guess I have been too busy trying to be a good DJ that I sorta skipped over the others things, Im going to do some serious self marketing reading and also got a Logo made a little while ago by a fellow DJTT member!

onotice1.jpg

Also I had one made for future stickers with QR codes with a link to a few mixes!

QR.jpg

Thanks guys again I am going to do some mix recording and sound cloud set up! Thanks!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D