Novation Remote Zero SL mapping

View Poll Results: Interested in helping out?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a Remote SL, and I'm interested in helping out.

19 50.00%
  • I have a Remote SL, and I'm interested, but I don't have the time/knowhow/desire to help out.

12 31.58%
  • I don't have a Remote SL, so I'm not interested at all.

7 18.42%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Novation Remote Zero SL mapping

Hi Folks,

With the advent of TPro 1.2, I've decided to scrap my current mapping for my Remote Zero, and start from scratch.

I'm wondering if there's enough interest in this controller for me to share my work here, or if there are people that would be interested in collaborating on this?

There are a few things that make this controller really appealing to me:
    -A great combination of drum pads, buttons, sliders, rotary encoders and potentiometers
    -Supports multiple templates, so you could easily have one template for prep work at home, and another one for performing out. Switch between the two with a simple twist of a knob.
    -It is very simple to configure the messages the controller sends for just about any control on the unit. No having to wait for Firmware Upgrades from Ean.

I expect that all of the Remote SL series would be able to use the same mappings (SL, SL Compact, SL Zero, as well as the new mkII series).

So, who's interested?

cheers!

m.
    mixes at: http://soundcloud.com/psylozen

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning how to dance in the rain."

Tech Wizard

i just recently got novation remote sl25 mk2. would really love a proper mapping for this one. maybe its even better than playing with vci100? tho i dont have ANY mapping knowledge, so i will just be the user of this one
    good idea mate!!!

i can test on my remote sl25 as well. I can work on some mappings as well, time permitting.

ooh, that would be cool

by the by, anyone with a 25SL Mk II - how are the flashy lights? I thought they might get confusing with Traktor (as opposed to a DAW) - for toggle buttons, do the lights stay on etc?

I think this is a good Idea. I just got a remote sl 25 and spend a few hours mapping it for virtual Dj. I know your probably looking for traktor maps but I can provide a VDJ map for VDJ users.

I will take a VDJ map please.

Tech Student

I have a Remote SL25 and I would really love a good two channel setup. I'm coming from Ableton so this would help me hit the ground running.

Tech Wizard

Default Mapping for TP 1.1 for 25SL MkII

Hi!

I've got my Novation 25SL MkII today and couldn't help but making a quick mapping for it. I'm not sure I knew what I was doing but it seems to work.

Please note: This mapping is for Traktor Pro 1.1.1, not the 1.2 version.

To use it, disable "automap" and choose the "Learn" template (by clicking on the speed dial and pressing the upper / right encoder). Then, import the .tsi in Traktor Pro and play away.

The configuration:

Pots 1-4: EQ High / EQ Mid / EQ Low / Filter for Deck A
    Pots 5-6: EQ High / EQ Mid / EQ Low / Filter for Deck B

Fader 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 : Volume for Deck A / B / C / D
    1st button below Fader 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 : Play/Pause for Deck A / B / C / D
    2nd button below Fader 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 : Cue to Headphones for Deck A / B / C / D

Fader 8: Crossfader

I'm not really happing with the FX handling yet, maybe you guys have better ideas? Here's my first shot. The mapping assumes, that Slot 1 is set to cascade and Slot 2 to advanced.

Encoder 1: Dry/Wet Slot 1
    Encoder 2-4: Parameters Slot 1
    Encoder 5: Dry/Wet Slot 2
    Encoder 6-8: Parameters Slot 2

My questions:

1) What's completely missing is support for loops -- I'd like to have that but am not sure how. 1a) Also, I'm not happy with the FX yet. There's still a lot of buttons left unassigned on my 25SL MkII, maybe you have some suggestions?

2) Also, I'd like to be able to scroll through my songs quickly -- but where would I map that? I tried using an encoder for scrolling up and down, but this didn't work out. Either, I could only scroll through 10 songs. Or there were big gaps between the scrolling.

3) How can I make the 25SL show the parameter names / How can I make this mapping work in my 25SL in Automap mode?

All the best,

René

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    by the by, anyone with a 25SL Mk II - how are the flashy lights? I thought they might get confusing with Traktor (as opposed to a DAW) - for toggle buttons, do the lights stay on etc?
    Work as they should! When setting to "hold", I can for example use one of the buttons for play / pause. When playing, the button is lit. When paused, it's dim.

Same is true for the encoders (at least for Traktor Pro 1.1.1 which I am using).

Tech Mentor

I have been working and reworking mine... Finally got it somewhat like i want! I have the remote 25sl.. using the internal mixer as well... i wish i had a few extra knobs and faders but it seems to work really well for what i want done!!!! I will post my map later...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast