Traktor DJ iOS App - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

70% brightness? Are you wearing sunglasses?

I'm not surprised that the iPad 2 is doing better in tests, that retina screen does pull a lot of GPU.

And, as I said, TDJ really isn't taxing the iPad that much. I guarantee the only reason it won't run on an iPad 1 is the iOS 6 requirement. DJ Player works perfectly well on the 1st gen apparently.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Your eyes will thank you later. With 70% you were probably getting a tan form your iPad.

I'm trying a few side roads to get it to load in iOS 5, no success so far.
    Last edited by padi_04; 02-28-2013 at 10:57 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojaxx View Post
    70% brightness? Are you wearing sunglasses?
    Hah made me chuckle..!

I guarantee the only reason it won't run on an iPad 1 is the iOS 6 requirement. DJ Player works perfectly well on the 1st gen apparently.
    Yup Traktor DJ is iOS6 and above.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Your eyes will thank you later. With 70% you were probably getting a tan form your iPad.

I'm trying a few side roads to get it to load in iOS 5, no success so far.

Brilliant... LOL.

I should have added that I have a screen protector on the iPad to its not the glare isnt that bad but I am getting used to a less bright screen.

I havent heard anyone getting around the iOS6 limitation.

Tech Wizard

I have two quick questions (and my apologies if this has already been answered in the previous thread discussions):

1) Does the ipad app play AIFF files that are prepared on our laptops and then sync'd via iTunes? I'd rather not use MP3 format if I can avoid it.

2) Does the app support the ability to assign two stereo outs via a soundcard? I'm thinking of getting the new Apogee Duet for iPad that charges while also being in use. Since it has four outs, I want to assign one stereo out from one deck and one stereo out from deck b and use my DJ mixer to be the mixer of the two tracks (I have a XoneB4).

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Rob.
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Tech Mentor

The iPad will sync and play AIFF files up to 24bit/48khz.

Multi-channel output definitely works with NI's supported interfaces but I haven't heard reports about others yet.

Tech Mentor

You won't fit many AIFF files on an iPad though... I'd suggest converting to ALAC personally. In general really!

1. Yes TDJ plays AIFF tracks although I have not prepped one and imported the metadata. I just tried one to see if the format works.

2. Since this audio card is not on the market yet (in the UK) Im not gonna say yes but, I have a a loooong good look at it and I assume it will work but NOT in external mixing mode in the current version of TDJ . I hope that feature will be implemented in a version soon.
    I have been thinking of getting one, i even called a store about availability and they say another 2 months and about £500 which is way too expensive even if it does charge the iPad.

You USA guys will get it for a much better price.

If the UK price comes down I may get one. Charging the iPad and providing audio seems to be like the hunt for the Holy Grail.

I apologize if this has already come up.

It sounds like the decks have keylock on. Is there any way to turn this off so it sounds like tracks are pitched on a turntable/CDJ?

Also, I swear I read and saw Flux mode (not Freeze mode), but can't find it for the life of me. Is this in TDJ or am I making things up?
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Multi-channel output definitely works with NI's supported interfaces but I haven't heard reports about others yet.
    Even NI interfaces will only give you Master and Headphone output. True external mixing isnt implemented yet (but I think you know that anyway).

As for non-NI devices, yes they work if they are Class Compliant. My A&H K2 works just dandy. Just wish there was even a basic midi functionality (transport/volume/EQ) then the K2 would be awesome with TDJ. Worth noting that the K2 does not have a power supply but it must be on a powered USB hub.

Tech Mentor

Just wanted to give a quick update...

Did a bar gig tonight using just Traktor DJ. A little over 4 hours.

Used the Audio 6, sent the cue to one channel of a DJM-800 and the master to another, then left the cue assigned to one deck and xfade on the other, so I was able to use external mixing properly.

Started fully charged, in airplane mode, 60% left at closing time.

Wouldn't want to replace my full rig with it, but it's the best portable backup solution I've ever used, for sure.