Traktor DJ iOS App - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    iOS6 or later. My first gen iPad doesn't make the cut. Oh well...
    Yep. iPad 1 is locked to iOS5 so Traktor DJ is iPad 2 and above only.

On iPad4 it is completely glitch free, runs like a dream.

I have actually been using at some of my gigs in the last month or so with no issues during playback at all.

Tech Guru

I feel like it is only a matter of time before they decide to enable controllers and mixers to be used (Z2, S2) however I'm almost certain they'll lock it to their hardware. I don't mind but I'm sure there are others that do. The one thing that would make this the killer app for me would be dvs.

I will say that there is a lot more coming to Traktor DJ. I'd see this as just the start.

Any hardware that TDJ can/could use has to be Class Compliant. Just a matter of a Firmware update for some devices.

Tech Mentor

Quick question. All music import to the app is done via iTunes, just like you would normally place music onto your iOS device? Then TDJ sync metadata to DB in order to receive track data (beatgrid, ect.)? The library that shows in TDJ is going to be limited to what music folders I have selected in iTunes sync?
    Traktor SP2 | Audio 10 DJ | DJM 800 Rotary | 1200 M3D's | Shure M44G's | NI Kontrol X1 | KRK RP8's | Ableton Live 8 | M-Audio FW 410 | Akai MPK 61 | NI Kontrol S4|

MY MIXES: Mixcloud TWITTER: DjScottMichael

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

And my soundcard is firewire so I was screwed anyway lol.

Well I was kinda looking forward to this, but seeing how I'm living in what seems to be the stone age with my ipad1 I won't be able to use it. Kinda a shame really.

Can't wait for android to get a better sound engine in it so these type of apps can be brought to the android tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michael View Post
    Quick question. All music import to the app is done via iTunes, just like you would normally place music onto your iOS device? Then TDJ sync metadata to DB in order to receive track data (beatgrid, ect.)? The library that shows in TDJ is going to be limited to what music folders I have selected in iTunes sync?

Yes, TDJ will read the iTunes collection and playlists on the iPad. It grabs the metadata from the collection stored in Dropbox.

So, when you add tracks to iTunes on the iPad TDJ will sync the data. TDJ looks for changes in the Dropbox collection automatically or you can force a sync on the iPad or export a sync to the iPad from Traktor Pro.

Setting it up is a piece of cake.

BUT: The music, Traktor Pro, iTunes, HAVE to be on the same machine. You can sync multiple iOS devices but only with a single computer.

Tech Guru

Thats a really good version 1.0 IMO. Kinda wish I had not given up my iPad for a mini now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    Thats a really good version 1.0 IMO. Kinda wish I had not given up my iPad for a mini now.
    Traktor DJ works perfectly well on the iPad Mini dude. Or do you mean the car ;-)

Tech Guru

Nah not the car - I'll use it on the mini for track preparation but the mini's screen is a bit too tiny for DJing (IMO). I'll grab the next generation iPad when it arrives later this year for DJing and maybe by then it will have grown to support midi

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast