Traktor DJ iOS App - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Will this work with my vci-100?

Tech Convert

I tried it this morning, it's amazing. All it needs now is 2 more decks and MIDI control

I have an iPad 3 and the camera connection kit, but when I tried connecting my Audio 10 I got an alert message saying it was drawing to much power (even with the power supply plugged in). I hope there's a workaround, I'd love to use this with an external mixer.

haven't downloaded yet because I don't have my iPad with me, but is there a way to change the cue marker type, most importantly the "Load" marker?

Tech Guru

It seems like more advanced DJs will be using this predominantly for track prep over actual DJing, but still liking the ability to bust it out at an after hours party to tool around. Independent tempo control seems like an oversight unless they see this as far too advanced for its intended audience.

I'm sure we'll see controller integration in future versions too.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    It seems like more advanced DJs will be using this predominantly for track prep over actual DJing, but still liking the ability to bust it out at an after hours party to tool around. Independent tempo control seems like an oversight unless they see this as far too advanced for its intended audience.

I will mainly be using it for track prep and the occasional "How does this song sound with this one" during prepping. Can't wait to get home tonight.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JJDShrimpton View Post
    You'll need one of these cables;

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...apter?fnode=3a

You then plug the USB of your NI soundcard into the USB port on that converter cable and plug the other end into your iPad. First you'd need to update the firmware of your soundcard, see here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=188802
    will it charge threw the soundcard???..cause maybe 5-6h of work wont be enough???

Tech Guru

There a couple things I'd love to see. 1) A traktor iOS soundcard, with DVS support. 2) Browser support or using the ipad as more of an additional tool for traktor. It'd be cool if you could display either the browser or remix deck cells this could act a possible bridge with Maschine as well. Either way this is a pretty impressive 1.0 spp

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nubz69 View Post
    Will this work with my vci-100?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by teriyaki View Post
    I tried it this morning, it's amazing. All it needs now is 2 more decks and MIDI control

I have an iPad 3 and the camera connection kit, but when I tried connecting my Audio 10 I got an alert message saying it was drawing to much power (even with the power supply plugged in). I hope there's a workaround, I'd love to use this with an external mixer.
    There is a new updater for the A10 available with the version 48 driver. That will work. You may need to have the A10 on a powered hub but Im not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    haven't downloaded yet because I don't have my iPad with me, but is there a way to change the cue marker type, most importantly the "Load" marker?
    Nope... This is infuriating and will hopefully make it into the next version. It will import Load Markers from Traktor Pro though.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post

Im using the opposite way. I have no intention of prepping on the iPad but I have DJ'd with it. Im using it at a small gig that I do, around 40 person room.

Quote Originally Posted by lacosta View Post
    will it charge threw the soundcard???..cause maybe 5-6h of work wont be enough???
    No the camera kit does not pass power.

This is a massive drawback to TDJ as it lasts about 3.5 hours on a new iPad without a power source.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    There is a new updater for the A10 available with the version 48 driver. That will work. You may need to have the A10 on a powered hub but Im not certain.
    I did the firmware update and rebooted everything before I connected. I'll try it again tonight with a powered hub, but it seems unnecessary since the Audio 10 itself is powered.

Anyone else gotten TDJ working successfully with an Audio 6 or 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Nope... This is infuriating and will hopefully make it into the next version. It will import Load Markers from Traktor Pro though.
    damn, that's pretty lame. one of my main steps on track prepping. this is exactly what I wanted it for too.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast