Dear NI, your freeze feature...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Dear NI, your freeze feature...

Is AWESOME. So why the hell isn't on the PC platform even with all the demand? Bananas!

Unless I've missed something in the new update and app, in which case can someone point me in the right direction haha

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

it is on the app. Its the Snowflake symbol.

It's not in Traktor Pro.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I agree it should be in the new update, guess they are saving it for 2.7

Tech Guru

It's pretty much slice mode from twitch. I'm just day dreaming here but it'd be cool if you could enable freeze mode and have it mapped to the pads of Maschine.

its a "traktor-ized" version of the SLICER from serato! i hope it makes it to the next big update!

serato is gonna have a hard time catching up with traktor with all these new delicious feature, now they are in the process of ironing out serato dj which takes a long time, i cant even use serato with my pioneer ddj sx , i use it with traktor now, the serato software is way too limited once you get used to traktor
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Guru

Sorry I should have been more clear, I mean that I've used it in the app, and is great, but they released an update in TP and it wasn't included, it jus seemed odd demonstrating that they clearly have the technology down to perfection but didn't include it.

well played NI, surely coming soon to full version

if they can figure out a way to get the freeze/slicer working on some nice pads then its close to game set and match NI

serato still has flexible beat grids for nonquant music and better jog wheel support, but losing ground fast

Tech Guru

I would love to see flexible grids but I can live without it, just sucks having to turn snap on and off to set cues

It is pretty much slice mode from serato which I think we all assumed would be implemented at some point, NI has been impressing me lately, definitely gonna stick with the software, might pick up a Z2 but I am still suspect about the quality of hardware after my S4 experience.

Tech Wizard

I think the freeze mode will be on the next release optimized for touchscreen use in Windows 8 and OSX (always hope right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Is AWESOME. So why the hell isn't on the PC platform even with all the demand? Bananas!

Unless I've missed something in the new update and app, in which case can someone point me in the right direction haha
    What is this freeze feature you guys are talking about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast