working abroad this summer.. a couple of questions??

Default working abroad this summer.. a couple of questions??

hey guys, i have the opportunity of a residency in portugal this summer and have a couple of questions about my gear, i know some of these may have been answered already but here goes,

my mbp power supply.. i have a uk supply, will i just need to change the extension part to an eu plug or do i need a new supply?

hand luggage.. will i be fine carrying my laptop / soundcard etc with me, and just check in everything else

finally tools.. i always carry a few tools, eg screwdrivers cutters extra cables etc with me, will they be ok in my checked in case or am i better to have all of that posted out to me??

portugal is somewhere ive never visited, if anyone has is there anywhere you guys would recommend for days out etc..

cheers as always
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

my mbp power supply.. i have a uk supply, will i just need to change the extension part to an eu plug or do i need a new supply?
    You just need a plug adaptor (the bit that pulls off the PSU) - the rest of macbook PSU is fine.

hand luggage.. will i be fine carrying my laptop / soundcard etc with me, and just check in everything else
    Yep and Maybe even carry on your controller depending on the size

finally tools.. i always carry a few tools, eg screwdrivers cutters extra cables etc with me, will they be ok in my checked in case or am i better to have all of that posted out to me??
    Tools and even Knives are fine in checked luggage - I ALWAYS bring my Leatherman in checked luggage (never leave home without it).

Pre-911 I used to wear it on my belt flying :P (oh how times have changed)

Just be sure you don't bring a nail cutter on board - you could massacre everyone ... oops manicure.

And congrats on the residency BTW
    Last edited by deevey; 02-21-2013 at 11:04 AM.

I confirm what deevey just said. They might ask you to turn on your computer so make sure it's charged (happened to me once, computer was dead, almost missed my flight because of that...) and make sure the size of your luggage is fine with the airline rules because if your controller is with you but your bag is bigger than what you're aloud, they might force you to put it in the luggage compartment (is that how you say this in English?) last minute and you don't know if it's gonna come back in one piece (happened to me with my hand bag coming back from Tampa, wine bottles exploded because it was a regular backpack and not a padded suitcase...I think I'm not lucky in planes...lol) Enjoy the summer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

cheers guys... i intend to enjoy it, im sick of the crap weather here in the uk :P

good to know that i dont have to go and buy new chargers as i always carry 2.

controller wise, ive scaled down recently to a nanopad and my sl2 card so it all fits in my bag,

thanks again guys! if anyone's out there for the summer feel free to come and say hello and have a beer or 10!
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account