Kontrol S4 problems

Default Kontrol S4 problems

Hi, I've been having troubles with my kontrol s4. The Deck A and C faders don't always fade out completely when they are pushed all the way down, both jog wheels push functionality does not work properly, one of the effects buttons doesn't work and pretty much all of my knobs are loose. I bought the system used so I guess this is what I asked for but are there places that people can think of that can replace what is broken on my system? Would NI even do these repairs outside of warranty? Thanks for the replies!

Not sure about repairs, but have you tried recalibrating the faders and jogs?

Here's a thread on the jogs to help you http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=20326

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Not sure about repairs, but have you tried recalibrating the faders and jogs?

Here's a thread on the jogs to help you http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=20326
    I've tried to recalibrate everything with no luck. The jog wheels seem to work fine for the majority of the time. But every once and a while the song stops playing on the deck and the jog thinks i'm pushing down on it even when my hand is no where near it. I know this is the problem since if i disable jog wheel push in preferences this is not an issue. Thanks for the response!

Fader and effect knob problems are mostly related to dust build up in there. try a good contact spray to clean them or a special fader lube. I didn't have the option on my island for a a good fader lube so i used wd40. But most here on the forum wouldn't advise that.

But for me it worked fine and running it for more than a year after i put some wd40 in my faders and the effect and load knobs that gave me problems. But do it on your own risk. There are no guarantees that it work out for you like it did for me.

But without warranty NI will not be a cheap option probably and you probably could buy a new one for the repair costs. But you have to ask them.

Hope this helps.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Have you tried the remove /replace jog procedure from the link I gave?
    It might help.

I would call NI just to see what your options are.
    Good luck