Audio 6/10 firmware update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Audio 6/10 firmware update

Today... is a good day! The new Audio 6/10 firmware introduces Core Audio support, not only making them iPad compatible, but finally fixing the USB 3.0 issue for Windows devices (well, for me at least). Appears to be stable!

Grab it here: http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...raktor_Audio_6
    (Note: this is a firmware update, not a driver update, so you can't find it in service center)
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Mentor

While we're at it, anyone care to confirm if Audio 6/10 (with updated firmware) also works with the iPad DJ Player app? Dev claims it does, but I fear NI has implemented some proprietary code in Traktor DJ to add support for their sound cards..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Guru

Fantastic news. Gig this weekend but will be updating the firmware sometime next week.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

Does this mean they'll release it for te Audio 4 soon

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    While we're at it, anyone care to confirm if Audio 6/10 (with updated firmware) also works with the iPad DJ Player app? Dev claims it does, but I fear NI has implemented some proprietary code in Traktor DJ to add support for their sound cards..
    core audio is not something that they can restrict to only Traktor DJ if it were restricted it was not core audio
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Does this mean they'll release it for te Audio 4 soon
    I doubt it. I have an Audio 8 and they probably won't release for mine either.

it's NI's way of saying they are becoming obsolete. probably time to upgrade to a 10 soon..
    Last edited by papo; 02-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Tech Guru

Sometimes the hardware is not capable of certain features as well though

No firmware updates for 4/8 in sight, but let's not forget there is a beta driver from late january (that I just noticed) for all interfaces which supposedly alleviates some of the USB 3.0 issues... that's at least something. Hopefully it doesn't stay a beta.

Tech Wizard

"Changes in Firmware version 47 (Traktor Audio 6) and version 48 (Traktor Audio 10): Added support for iOS for Traktor Audio 6 and Traktor Audio 10."

I thought they explained they are now class compliant, not core audio support. So class compliant implies they will function with any class compliant audio device/app.

Tech Mentor

Nope, definitely Core Audio (see http://www.native-instruments.com/en...pecifications/)
    I've once read on the NI board that the current Audio series would probably never be USB Class Compliant, because of something with asynchronous buffering iirc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast