Speakers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speakers

Well the designers did say this was developed for the military. I've seen other similar prototypes also the idea being using the low freq as some sort of pulse weapon. sorta like marty mcfly standing in front of doc brown's speaker.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

I wasn't planning on using the same pair of speakers for a party and for production, rather I meant that I wanted to get both (and wasn't sure of which to get first). Although I am thinking powered speakers would be optimal to get first (since while I am unlikely to see any cash from production any time in the recent future, I may be able to get some gigs if I have speakers, which would then support me to get monitors.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

i bought the tapco thumps and am real happy w/ them. designed by mackie so the quality is good. they are also pretty light weight so they are easy to transport. got a package deal for $600. 2 speakers w/ stands and cords and free shipping. I have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by advantix00 View Post
    i bought the tapco thumps and am real happy w/ them. designed by mackie so the quality is good. they are also pretty light weight so they are easy to transport. got a package deal for $600. 2 speakers w/ stands and cords and free shipping. I have no complaints.
    What do you use to hook em up?
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Using headphones solely for studio work isn't ideal, theres a huge ammount of stereo separation. There are VST's that combat this but its not perfect science.

More info + the VST here:
    http://112db.com/redline/monitor/
    Thanks for that tip. I'm looking at speakers myself but I can't afford monitors for my productions AND speakers for playing live yet
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

to hook them up i use a simple xlr to rca cable. one from each speaker which then plugs in to one of my outputs on my dj/io soundcard. i use the other output in the soundcard for my headphones. its good to go. since the speakers are active(amp built in) then its pretty much just plug the power cord in to the wall socket and sound cord into the card and play. takes me about 10-15min to set up everything.

Where did you buy the Xlr to rca cables? I can't find them anywhere.
    Setup: Kontrol S2, Komplete Audio 6, Maschine Mikro Akai LPD 8, Akai Mpk49, Traktor 2, Ableton Suite 8.
    http://soundcloud.com/miishmash

those cables were actually included in the package after i called to have them swapped from the xlr to xlr. If you are having trouble finding them and already have cables then it might be easier to just get adapters for which ever end you need changed. radio shack has that kinda stuff. try www.monoprice.com for cables though. type in xlr to rca in the search box and they will come up, scroll to middle of page.
    Last edited by advantix00; 08-22-2009 at 11:07 AM.

+1 on the tapco thumps. bought a secondhand pair off craigslist for 4 bills, havent had any complaints. perfect for big house parties

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123