Traktor Scratch Pro and Windows
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Scratch Pro and Windows

Hey everyone

I recently got Traktor Scratch Pro and was wondering how many people out there are using it with Windows 7 and how many are using it with XP and what your results/experiences are with stability.
    All we ever have is now ...

Perfect with XP mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Perfect if you don't use a VCI-100 midi controller Check out my 'stability' thread as well
    Last edited by djmoonie; 08-20-2009 at 12:09 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

I haven't had one single problem with pro and XP. Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    Perfect if you don' use a midi controller Check out my 'stability' thread as well
    I have played for more than 2 years more than five times a week for more than one hour a session with Traktor and diferent controllers. And I can tell you that is a bad recomendation. Just add the words "In your experience" to your comment. This is a site mainly dedicated to midi controllers

In my opinion it works great with XP. I had the chance to use it with 7 for a couple months and never had an issue. Didn´t play live with 7 though.
    Last edited by alien2k; 08-20-2009 at 10:37 AM.

sadly i have to use Vista as i can't figgure out downgrade for my lappy. (tried several routes and guides and got bluedeath)...

it works pretty fine, if u strip the system naked (2nd user profile, manualy turn off everything before every session).

just search word DAW and system of your choice on google and you might find several guides helping to streamline your PC. (or get inspired by Monika's latest article)
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    sadly i have to use Vista as i can't figgure out downgrade for my lappy. (tried several routes and guides and got bluedeath)...

it works pretty fine, if u strip the system naked (2nd user profile, manualy turn off everything before every session).

just search word DAW and system of your choice on google and you might find several guides helping to streamline your PC. (or get inspired by Monika's latest article)
    You might not be able to downgrade but you are still able to upgrade to 7. It is very much like vista but more efficient and faster. There is a free beta version that will last untill July (I think) of 2010. You might want to give it a try if you already have worked so much for downgrading. It is still a Beta version but I used it for a couple of months and was very surpirsed with the good results and compatibility modes. It is worth trying if you are fed up with Vista and don´t mind the extra work. There is a thread around here about the widows 7 installation and comments from other djtt users.

Tech Wizard

Many people on the NI forum have reported good performance with 7, actually very good. Fingers crossed they dont screw things up with the final release as XP is really starting to show its age.

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    I have played for more than 2 years more than five times a week for more than one hour a session with Traktor and diferent controllers. And I can tell you that is a bad recomendation. Just add the words "In your experience" to your comment. This is a site mainly dedicated to midi controllers

In my opinion it works great with XP. I had the chance to use it with 7 for a couple months and never had an issue. Didn´t play live with 7 though.
    Its not just me that has these problems. There are threads all over the net about this specific issue.

But.. are you saying that you run your VCI-100 with midi out enabled and are on a windows platform ? And you have no lockups or freezes at all ?
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Just to update my situation ...

I'm having MAJOR issues with the stability , even in XP.

I did a fresh install of XP and only installed the video drivers and the drivers for my Dell touchpad mouse so that I could disable "touch to click" ... i'd rather just use the buttons.

I then installed EasyBCD for repairing the bootloading file (my laptop is dual boot XP/win7).

Then installed the audio 8 DJ drivers and Traktor Scratch Pro ... Authorized it and then used it.

I have been having lock ups and freezes ever since.

... so ... cumber...some ...

I already returned the audio 4 DJ because of similar problems ... I dont understand what is going on.

PS. I am upgraded to 1.1.2
    Last edited by metaverse; 08-21-2009 at 01:13 PM.
    All we ever have is now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast