VCI Stability poll.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default VCI Stability poll.

Hi guys,

I'm curious to find out how many people here are successfully using their VCI-100 under a windows OS (xp/vista/7) WITH midi out turned on, and not getting any lockups at all. The issue appears to have been with traktor since about 3.2, but remains to this day, right up to pro 1.1.2

For those unsure of the lockup issue.. here are some threads:-

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2321

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...hlight=vci-100

This lockup issue does NOT affect mac users, so my poll is for windows users only.

So, whether you get a freeze or not, please let me know. Please also post the spec or model of your PC/laptop and any programs you run in the background (such as anti-virus).
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Yeah I've had several lockups while using FX and jog wheels under Windows. I usually don't have many background processes - always iTunes, sometimes beaTunes and MSN Messenger. No Logitech programs running and I haven't tried unplugging my external sound card (Lexicon Lambda) during lockup.

I usually play my tracks either directly from the iTunes tree or by importing iTunes playlists.

Running WinXP, Traktor Pro, VCI100 1.3, latest TSI.
    AMD 5000+ Dual Core processor, 2GB RAM, 390 GB free space on partition where Traktor is stationed. All music is on another partition.
    Last edited by janzak; 08-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Jack Bastard

Yeah, I'm having the problem on a Dell 9400, 2gb RAM, Audio 8 (though I used to have an AK1 and had the problem on that too), VCI 100 SE.

Is it Traktor that freezes? it's never done it to me, on Windows 7 or XP (SP2)
    I've had my VCI stop responding and I have to turn it off and on again but this was a power issue which i've fixed. Got a decent surge board and a powered usb hub so the VCI doesn't require connection to a wall outlet.
    I run an NI AK1 and a Korg PadKontrol aswell.

Not running any extra software in the background, pretty much just a clean windows install + AK1 driver + Traktor Pro 1.1.2

I'm actually lazy and went through the midi setup section and made every device in the list active for both in and out.
    Soundcard latency is set to around 5MS I can't remember.

Spec of the (Asus) laptop:
    2GHz Core2Duo
    865 express chipset
    nvidia 128MB 8600M GPU
    320GB 7200RPM HDD
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

hey guys,

Im looking at gettin a VCI-100se to use with TPro (and whatever the latest build compatible with eans .tsi) but with all these reports of freezes and lockups with windows OS, which im only finding out about now, i must say im a little nervous. Could someone advise me if this is a good purchase or can i look forward to a heap of problems, crashes and frustration while DJing?

Im using a Dell Studio 1537 flaptop
    Windows vista operating system (32 bit)
    3gb RAM
    250gb hard drive
    2GHz Core2Duo processor

could someone please advise... will i just be buying an unstable setup?

cheers

Count yourself lucky.. I only found out about these issues AFTER I got my VCI.

But.. all is not lost. You might be one of the lucky ones that don't get lockups, and even if you do, its a simple fix by turning off midi out in traktor preferences.. you just loose your buttons lighting up.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you are using a Dell just check the DPC latency before you plug anything in. If you are getting spikes without anything running then you will definitely have problems.

I had a bunch of problems with things locking up on my old XP machine. I replaced out my USC cables to high quality ones and was much more specific about where I plugged the machine in and the problems are pretty much gone. And now my new machine has been surprisingly stable.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    This lockup issue does NOT affect mac users, so my poll is for windows users only.
    Yeah they do, most of the lockup issues are the cause of the dodgy usb cables that the VCI-100 comes with - replacing the usb cable fixes the issue for most people. Thats why we came out with the DJTT usb cables to help combat this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    If you are using a Dell just check the DPC latency before you plug anything in. If you are getting spikes without anything running then you will definitely have problems.

I had a bunch of problems with things locking up on my old XP machine. I replaced out my USC cables to high quality ones and was much more specific about where I plugged the machine in and the problems are pretty much gone. And now my new machine has been surprisingly stable.
    sorry but i havent a clue what DPC latency is or how to check it? is it caused by backround programmes or what? how can i check this?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
    sorry but i havent a clue what DPC latency is or how to check it? is it caused by backround programmes or what? how can i check this?

cheers
    Read this link, it explains all - http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast