Vestax Micro 5 ? What happened, what else is there?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Vestax Micro 5 ? What happened, what else is there?

Anyone remember that tiny Vestax Micro 5 mixer at BPM a few years back?
    I can't find one anywhere.

So what else is there? 2 channel mixer with eqs and a crossfader. Not usb, normal audio outs.
    Must be very small.

Ive seen the Pokket but it's not gonna be powerful enough as it has no power.

What ya got up ya sleeves?

Vestax PMC 06. Skinny mixer with everything you'e looking for...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Anyone remember that tiny Vestax Micro 5 mixer at BPM a few years back?
    I can't find one anywhere.

So what else is there? 2 channel mixer with eqs and a crossfader. Not usb, normal audio outs.
    Must be very small.

Ive seen the Pokket but it's not gonna be powerful enough as it has no power.

What ya got up ya sleeves?
    Never made it out of prototype, from what I remember. I actually held one in my hands when I visited the Tokyo office-it felt too small to do much with, pictures don't do any justice to how freaking tiny it is.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Vestax PMC 06. Skinny mixer with everything you'e looking for...
    Damn how did I forget that... Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbx View Post
    Never made it out of prototype, from what I remember. I actually held one in my hands when I visited the Tokyo office-it felt too small to do much with, pictures don't do any justice to how freaking tiny it is.
    Yeah I tried one at BPM, seemed like it was built pretty well but yeah very tiny but that's what I'm looking for, a small footprint . Could be too small.

Them '06's can be had for next to nothing on ebay (going for <£50 in the UK)...

...AND - I believe you can squeeze an innofader in there (although the Vestax x-fader is fine...)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

i grabbed a DJM250 as a sort of stop gap mixer cause... well i sold my djm800 and was gonna buy a 900 but just kind of never pulled the trigger... I actually really like it, the simplicity of it

At £179 is a bargain.

Good quality build, knobs are injected rubber feel the same as DJM900, sounds nice... basically lossless because it's digital.

Isolater EQs are v good, filters on each channel I like, they're the same as on DJM900 filter.

Extra aux / mic input - cool... What's not to like?

Basically really decent mixer imo. But if you dont like pioneer gear tho then well... ho hum :-)

Obvs not as thin as the 06 neither
    Last edited by MaxOne; 02-23-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I got one of these and it works great. http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-302U.../dp/B005EHILV4

not sure if you want it for DJ mixing or for utility mix. This is not for DJ mixing.

I just use it to switch DJ's in and out seamlessly and for AUX use "can you play a song from my iPhone?"

The mic sounds excellent too.

>

Can't beat this price: http://www.amazon.com/Numark-2-Chann.../dp/B004M15LT8

but that djm250 is great. filters !

>
    Last edited by loverocket; 02-23-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Even though this is a total sales pitch this vid kind of sold the 250 to me

CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Even though this is a total sales pitch this vid kind of sold the 250 to me
    I thought I was pretty jaded when it comes to Pioneer's sales bullshit, but just googling the DJM-250 has REALLY horrified me. It's a £200 2-channel mixer, and the only real selling point they have to bang on about is having a filter knob on each channel.

I mean, seriously? Isn't that just a completely standard feature now on every single mixer and controller out there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast