Thread: Zedd Effect

Tech Wizard

Default Zedd Effect

Hey guys,

can someone tell me how i get this effect with traktor? at 08:05 and 09:15

thanks!

Tech Guru

Beat masher?

I got a chance to see zedd before he got famous, and I appreciate that his mixing skills are very basic but he still does what he likes loves.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Masher at dry/wet 60-70% with slight pitch sweep (key or transpose).

Tech Mentor

It sounds like a mix of a beat repeat, and a delay, but I do agree with Stewe, it does sound like there's some dry/wet work in there. I like using gaters and beatmashers by starting the effect very dry, and then bringing it in. I think people are kind of used to hearing them hammered into the mix at full pressure, but if you bring them in very softly at first it adds a kind of "boiled frogs" feeling to the mix.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Funny thing....That same mix, those 3 songs, with that build up, he did live in oslo on a show i saw.....Love the guy though....Easely a fun time...

Tech Wizard

When I saw the thread title, I wanted to guess beat masher. I haven't seen him live yet, but from videos I've seen he seems to use it a lot.

my guess: part of the track + the hook effect
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Kind of related but , pioneer sent him a 900 nexus and two 2000 nexus, so will be curious to see how long b4 he stops using the s4 n how he will incorporate traktor with it

zedd_pioneer.jpg

from the mix in of 'epic' from 'kick out the epic mofo' fom 9:03 I think he used the same effects for the transition. my guess would be he activated the beatmasher to roll the sample then the ramp delay at the same size as the beatmasher and moved whatever knob changes the pitch of the delay to create the wind up tension... then again it's probably just the pioneer rmx-1000 with some tweeked settings

Disclaimer I actually use VDJ not traktor.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast