Normalizing Tracks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

So it looks like some of my files are clipping according to MP3Gain. Anything I can do about this?

Tech Mentor

MP3Gain throws a hissy fit over clipping if even one tiny little bit of anything clips, even if its only a millisecond, and there's no attack/decay/tolerance setting for it (which is really annoying). So I find the best way is to ignore it, then if you notice a particular track distorts badly, take care of it on a case by case basis.
    You'll mainly see this problem with Hip Hop or RnB tracks, which are fairly quiet overall but have huge kick and bass spikes every few beats.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

how does this work exactly. I kind of want to download it because I'm not a huge fan of traktors auto gain
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

Tech Guru

Load your music, two buttons, and done!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalQw3rty View Post
    how does this work exactly. I kind of want to download it because I'm not a huge fan of traktors auto gain
    It uses something called RMS to determine how loud a track actually sounds to the human hear, rather than just peak normalisation, to set all your MP3s to a certain level, specified by you. Most people go by about 96dB on the program setting.
    If you go to the website, (mp3gain on sourceforge, google it), it explains it better.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12