Recording Video and Audio

Default Recording Video and Audio

Hi guys,

Those of you who record video with your mixes, how do you do it?

I want to record a top-down view of my decks along with high quality audio, preferably without having to sync the two at the end. Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

rca to 3.5mm cable. Plug the rca end to the tape out on your mixer, then the 3.5mm into the microphone in on your camcorder. do a few tests to get the gain right on your tape out.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Ah, I should have mentioned that I am using a USB webcam hooked up to my laptop (so that it can be taped to the ceiling), this would be awesome if I was using a handheld. Thanks for your response though

same still applies, all you do is pluf the 3.5mm end into your laptop as your mic. then whatever program your using to capture set your computers mic input as the audio recording device.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

go to control panel>volume controls>mixer> inputs>recording and find your input.

If your going from the mixer with a Stereo-Y cable (as stated above) it will be under LINE IN.

>

I feel really stupid, I should have worded my question differently. I understand how to route audio and video channels/inputs, what I was specifically looking for is an application that will let me select an audio source and a video source and record them at the same time (for PC).