AARGH !!! What is causing my timecode to flip out !?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default AARGH !!! What is causing my timecode to flip out !?

So I have been having timecode issues since the last days of 2012.

First I bought new needles. (Got Shure M44-7s now)
    Got 1210 recalibration, cleaning, tone arm tightening, new cables, new RCAs.
    I clean my timecode vinyl with a piece of cloth before each set, and today I even cleaned my Shures with those little brushes that come with ortofons. I have dust covers for my technics.
    I did a full tonearm calibration (height, weight and anti-skate) not too long ago and I do it about once a month, just to be safe.
    These issues also appear when using my older Ortofon Concorde pros.
    Also changing mixer channels (Scratch-certified Korg Zero 4) seems to have no effect.

I was 40 mins into a deep house set, not even halfway by far and traktor is freaking out, have a listen to the last 5 minutes or so:

What the hell is going on and how do I prevent it from happening again?
    I sick and tired of this fucking up my mixes.
    Last edited by MyUsername; 02-23-2013 at 12:44 PM.

If everything is fine for 40 mins, and then you start having problems, its probably not the decks that are the problem.

Could be a problem with your laptop? Maybe it's getting hot and performance is suffering?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Damn, soundcloud won't let me upload because of copyright infringement. Currently uploading to zippyshare, because it also has a player.

I have a macbook pro (early 2011) it does get hot, but never had any heat related problems. I could try elevating it.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Listen to the end (it's the last 10 minutes of the mix)
    http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/62417384/file.html
    Issues start around 6:20 minutes in.

Probably gonna go down this route:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/05/2...laptop-stands/

But what if heat isn't the problem ?

If it's not heat then I don't know... As long as the pvc pipes don't block your fans, that stand will be fine. No reason NOT to stick the coolballs on as well, though (for 99p!).

I don't use Traktor (right now - but maybe soon...) so I don't know if there is any kind of issue with using .mp3's like there is with Live... Decoding cache? Loading into RAM?

If you haven't I'd strongly recommend you open a support ticket with NI about this.

When the music starts going crazy what does the timecode signal look like? Checking the timecode graphs will tell you whether it is a timecode reading problem (your timecode graph starts looking bad) or a sound decoding problem (your timecode graph looks fine).

Have you tried the recent beta with the new timecode algorithm? Mk 1 vs. Mk. 2 timecode? What does Traktor's load indicator and your cpu usage look like when it goes crazy? Have you tried a different soundcard? What are specs of the laptop?

What is your latency set at? What do you have turned off in the background (screen saver, wifi, services, bluetooth ect.) what otyer programs are you running ( audacity, itunes, winamp).
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Run SMCfancontrol at 5000 RPM just to be sure your macbook stays cool.
    Tell us a little about your set-up in the digital area.
    What sample rate and buffer size are you using? Are the timecodes MK1 or MK2?
    Is your TSP legit or not? What version are you running?
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by frequencym View Post
    If you haven't I'd strongly recommend you open a support ticket with NI about this.

When the music starts going crazy what does the timecode signal look like? Checking the timecode graphs will tell you whether it is a timecode reading problem (your timecode graph starts looking bad) or a sound decoding problem (your timecode graph looks fine).

Have you tried the recent beta with the new timecode algorithm? Mk 1 vs. Mk. 2 timecode? What does Traktor's load indicator and your cpu usage look like when it goes crazy? Have you tried a different soundcard? What are specs of the laptop?
    Timecode signal is fucking terrible, when it happens, just fucking drops to zero pretty much.
    Mk. 2 timecode
    Will look at cpu next time it happens.
    I don't have an other external soundcard.

13" Macbook Pro (early 2011) 2.3 GHz intel core i5, 4 GB of RAM
    but when I run traktor no crazy other things are open, sometimes itunes and google chrome.
    Oh I do run audacity to record tho.

EDIT AUDACITY QUESTION:
    When you record with audacity is it writing a file on your harddrive, or is the project file being saved with temporary memory ?
    Do hard drives struggle with reading (such as playing a song in traktor) and writing at the same time?
    Last edited by MyUsername; 02-25-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast