Camelot Wheel using Traktor's new "Open Key" notation - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Thanks for the wheel!!!

Tech Convert

Awesome, thanks for everyones hard work and sharing with the community

Tech Convert

Awesome, a key for keys

Would I be right to assume that the outside circle denotes majors and the inside circle is minors? Because m = minor and d = major according to Traktor?

Tech Convert

I believe it's from "Dur" and "Moll" from the German equivalent terms for Major and Minor. (Going by what I picked up from the http://www.beatunes.com/open-key-notation.html link someone gave earlier)

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton View Post
    I believe it's from "Dur" and "Moll" from the German equivalent terms for Major and Minor. (Going by what I picked up from the http://www.beatunes.com/open-key-notation.html link someone gave earlier)
    Yep, as german native speaker I confirm the german terms, and therefore I think your are spot on. At least that's also my interpretation of 'm' and 'd' in this context.

Default Old and New Key Analysis appears in Key Text Column at the same time - Traktor S2

Hello,

Everything I read here so far was very helpful. Thank you.

I have a quiet silly question I hope you can help. I have Traktor Kontrol S2 and since I downloaded the latest version, on my computer under Key Text I have some tracks analyzed by the Camelot Wheel (A1, B1, A2..etc.. I previously done in Mixed in Key) and other tracks were analyzed by the new system (7m, 3d..etc..) but it only happened in a few folders and on Tractor only (so files were not re-written in the actual folder on the computer). This means that both types of analysis appears in Key Text column at the same time, one type per track.

I looked the settings - Analyze Options – Musical Key and both are set to “Open Key”. Because most of them are set to the old Camelot system (1A, 1B etc..), does anyone know how to reset everything to that under the Key Text column? Or if that is not possible then how to set all tracks to be Analysed with the new (7m, 3d..etc..) wheel under the Key Text column?

Many thanks for your help.

By the way I registered because of Robert Wulfman too as well as the other very helpful people here too.
    Thank you.
    All the best.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wulfman View Post
    In Traktor's most recent update (2.6.1 for those of you in the future), key detection was added using a new notation apparently called "Open Key". Personally I was already using Mix In Key and it's Camelot notation so I took a closer look at this new system and noticed that it is a one-to-one relationship (8A=1m, 9A=2m, ect.) but the numbers start on different keys. Since I am going to be switching to Traktor's key detection system now, I needed a new Camelot wheel to reference. I searched the web and didn't find any thing like this so I made one myself. I have attached the end result to the bottom, feel free to save it, print it out, stick it on things and graffiti it on government buildings.

By the way, I tryed to get the wheel colors to match the ones in Traktor
    Registered just to download and say thanks!!!

Default Thanks

Registered just to say Thanks for this. So... Thank you!

Default Two words...

Freakin. Amazing! Thank you!

Default Thanks!

Great help, Thanks a million. PC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast